User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: How old were you when you learned how to drive?

Senior Member Array

In RI I think we have to wait until 17 1/2 to get our license? I'm not sure I think I was 16-17 when I learned how to drive. I live in the country and it's tough to use public transportation I love going to Boston and using the T though

Tier 1 Member Array LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    7w6 so/sp

I'm 19 and I still haven't learned how to drive.

Senior Member Array

I was about 13 years old when I drove for the first time without any help. Prior to that my dad had let me steer and use the pedals, but he did the gear-shifting.

I got my learner's permit when I was 14 or 15, and taught myself how to drive under the supervision of dad and grandpa. My parents enrolled me into a useless driving education program that taught me dick-squat a couple months after my 17th birthday, at the end of which I took the driving test and passed with flying colours.

I don't commute to work (I take the bus... *shudder*) because parking is too expensive, but I try to drive regularly if for no other reason than I like to go for a drive.

Senior Member Array me_plus_one's Avatar

In my country, going to driver's school is mandatory in order to get your licence. And you have to have at least 18 years. Which seems perfectly fine to me, even though your are some kind of driving god. And I don't think that people under 18 should be givn a licence. Under that age, well, teenagers are not that rational, and I won't ever understand why some countries allow people of 16 to get a licence.

However, I can't wait to get my licence. Unfortunately, it's going to take me quite a long time, but it will be this year! .... I hope.