User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I'm curious about the actual facts. How old were you when you learned how to drive?

My dad used to once in a while let me practice driving in empty parking lots, and then I proceeded to get a temporary license, but I never used it. I just wasn't that interested in it at the time and I always imagined screwing up, so I didn't feel I was ready.

Did any of you learn to drive at about the normal age or did you first learn to drive when you were older -- like in your mid-20s or maybe even 30s?

How old were you?

And if you don't currently drive, state your age.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sture View Post
    You mean less spread out?
    Yes, my bad.

I agree that all rural areas can't be totally covered by public transport, but it's not like they have reached the practical limit yet.
    Certainly true. There are lots of areas where it could be expanded. However, there is quite a lot that would never be covered, as vast areas of the country are too spread out to do so. Also, realize that we may also have slightly different expectations of what is a "normal" travel distance. (I really have no idea what it's like where you live.) Personally, I am an avid skier, I wind up driving between 300 and 600 miles a weekend for 5 months a year. (That is way more often than most people, but driving 400 or 500 miles for a vacation is considered normal).

And there's absolutely no rational reason why a city like LA should be flooded by cars. Or is there?
    They weren't big on the "city planning" thing, and wound up with a very large, very spread out metropolis, with a very inadequate public transportation system, which they are trying to rectify now. You notice that, for example, New York City, has a pretty good public transportation system, and compared to LA, doesn't have huge traffic issues.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I GET MY LEARNER'S NEXT YEAR.

BE AFRAID.

In British Columbia:
    Learner's (L): You can only haz you and an adult supervising you when you drive. You can get this at 16.
    New driver (N): You can only haz yourself and a max of another person in the car if there aren't any adults. You can get this at 17? Or 18? Forg0tz lul.
    Then at 18 or 19, U HAZ LICENSE!!!!!!!!11111111111!! CAN DRIVE ELEPHANTZ LOL

Lol I don't think teenagers should drive.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Lol I don't think teenagers should drive.
    I disagree. Inexperienced teenagers shouldn't be driving alone. I had a lot of driving experience from years of driving anything with a motor and method of propulsion, as often as I could.

I then went through the mandatory 6 months of "learning" with an adult required to be with you, and then bought what everyone told me not to, a sports car. A year and a half later, No accidents and No tickets.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    15 or 16 was when I got my permit, so learned to drive their about. I didn't want to learn how to drive, but my mom sort of made me. She was like I'm not going to drive you around everywhere, and dragged me to the dmv. the hardest issue I had was parking, so she took me the day before the test to her parking garage at her work and had me practice parking and backing out as I always would turn the steering wheel the wrong way when I was in reverse. I had no problems with going forward just back wards. I never liked driving which is why I'm glad I now live in a place that has good public transit
    it's funny are situations are different though i didn't want to drive(scared lol/hated it with a passion still do) but i pretty much had to bug the heck out of my mother to get me to earn my permit then take lessons and eventually get my license at 20.

I remember my first time driving "alone" i accidently headed into the city area(traffic was scary i couldn't drive for 2-3 days it physically drained me) but i got back in one piece and i was proud of myself knowing how afraid i am on the road xD.
    I agree with another INFP who says they have a spaced out look but they are paying attention i bet i have that look but believe me inside i'm screaming I just want to be on non moving ground xDD.

when i first started practicing driving I said "screw this there's busses xDD " 'i bawled haha it was some scary stuff when you just start'
    but then i thought i might actually need this so some people "mom" won't take advantage of my lack of transportation "stay here you don't got a car blah blah* not anymore lol.

no accident yet(thank god for intuition phew mommy one time all of a sudden i realized the other car is getting too close *breaks then wipes sweat from forehead*. tend to always want to hug the ground when i get home or to a friends house seriously still.
    If i can i'd rather not drive but it's nice to know i have that freedom/ don't have to rely on others schedual or bus etc it's worth it to me .
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm 24 and I still don't drive.

I have a learner's permit, and I took the test once but failed by going the wrong way down a one-way street. I suck.

I'm a white-knuckle driver. I hate it. Yay for buses.
    6w5sp/sx

MBTI
    INFP

16, but I haven't driven much--I've been taking public transportation even more since I've gotten my license actually

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'm 27 and still don't have one.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    A real one I would think, but I'm kinda crappy at remembering legal stuff. The n00b one says, "You're too young to make decisions properly with other people in the car. Therefore, you are not allowed to have anyone else in the car unless they are a relative 21 years or older and even then it can't be after midnight."
    In my state you can have friends in the car 6 months after you get the licence with no accidents, or when you turn 18.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

I learned to drive at 14 but as early as 10 or 11 my father was already starting to have me back out of the drive-way or steer down the street. Of course I didn't get my permit until I was fifteen and thanks to my mother refusing to for my insurance I had to wait until I could to get my license (so, 17), but it all happened. Now, the funny thing is: I've never owned a car.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt