User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't remember at the moment if I enabled or disabled it but I'm 32 and I'm pretty sure I've remarked on it in context a number of times. I'm not embarrassed by it but I don't see it as relevant in a general sense- and if it becomes relevant, I share it.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    [...I wish everyone would show their age.
    If somebody is rude to me, and I discover they're only 15, I won't respond so harshly because I realize they're only being immature.[/COLOR]
    What she said.

btw. I am 40.

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure why age is such a big secret for people here. Being an MBTI forum, it's kind of the nature of this place to talk about who you are, how you relate to people, etc., and a lot of members actually bring out some pretty personal stuff. But if anyone knows your age, suddenly they know too much about you. *shrug*

I think it's helpful to know people's ages, to help put things in context. You have a better idea of where they're coming from when they post, how to respond, etc.
    All good points by Martoon.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm 21. It's a good age to be.
    It's just a ride

MBTI
    INFP

The INFPs I talk to all say they not only look younger than their age but also act younger as well. My 35 year old daughter could still pass for twenty and no one ever guesses my age even close.

Daughter used to complain about being taken for being so much younger but is beginning to see the cultural value of it. I appreciate the youthful qualities of my personality type a lot! (There's my own vestiges of ageism popping out.)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Guess I hadn't paid attention when I set my account up and didn't know I could show just age. I didn't want my b-day displayed.

I don't think it's a big deal - I've never made it a habit to look at peoples' profiles, actually, and have never really cared how old others are.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If somebody is rude to me, and I discover they're only 15, I won't respond so harshly (and it won't hurt as badly) because I realize they're only being immature.[/COLOR]
    Same, except I want to know who all the senile people are. kidding

I'm sometimes curious about people's age, but I figure that if we forced everyone to display it they might just lie anyway. Ambiguity is less confusing than the increased possibility of deception.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFP

Hey, booya. You do know what Minnesotans think of Wisconsinites?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

People are so aged obsessed have you ever noticed how they always put famous people's ages after their name when writing a story about them. I'm somewhere between 21 and 30 ha ha I like to keep people guessing, it's amusing to me. In real life people think I'm a teenager. I'm a teacher and I wish I had a dollar for everytime parents meet me and say YOU'RE THE TEACHER? with their jaw on the floor I mean I could retire.
    Somebody has to be fabulous, it might as well be me! LOL

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

When I was a teenager posting on online forums I purposely hid my age so people would take what I said seriously. I didn't want people to look down on me as an idiotic 13 year-old or base their responses to my comments based on their own preconceived notions of who I was. So my written comments stood on their own.

Now an old woman of 25, and not ashamed of my age.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I didn't realize it wasn't showing. It had my birth date rather than my age. *shrug*