First 21011121314 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm 40. Are you happy now?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I think it's great when 15-year-olds show an interest in such things. Like I have said before - I wish I had known about it when I was your age....
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    If you're 15 people hate you elsewhere. Fortunately not here.
    Most people here are sensotards and don't even realize that they can look in someone's profile to see what their age is... lol. Might explain that somewhat (or that people just don't care as long as someone is smart).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Most people here are sensotards and don't even realize that they can look in someone's profile to see what their age is... lol. Might explain that somewhat (or that people just don't care as long as someone is smart).
    I think that there are a lot of retarded adults who act like five-year-olds and a lot of fifteen-year-olds who act quite mature and well-read and knowledgeable for their age....I'd much rather discuss things with a mature, young person than a retarded, immature old fart. Then again, I love discussing things with a mature, open older individual as well. I think it's the question of character and not age that makes a good conversation.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I think that there are a lot of retarded adults who act like five-year-olds and a lot of fifteen-year-olds who act quite mature and well-read and knowledgeable for their age....I'd much rather discuss things with a mature, young person than a retarded, immature old fart. Then again, I love discussing things with a mature, open older individual as well. I think it's the question of character and not age that makes a good conversation.
    +1 Very true!

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
    ...birth dates are almost as good an identifier as social security numbers.
    Yes, for security reasons I was advised not to give my birthday. But alas, I so much like being told, "Happy Birthday, Victor", that I give my day and month, but not the year - just enough for you to remember me.

Oh yes, I was born on the second of April.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'm 40. Are you happy now?
    nice to know i'm not the only one and that nighthawk is 7 years older than we are.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So just as we leave our bodies in our bedrooms when we commune in the noosphere, so we leave our race, our gender and our age behind as well.
    I don't think that's true. After all, most of our personalities are largely made up of the experiences we've had in the world out there, in which those things are strong contributing factors. It's not really possible to just leave your personality at the door the minute you go online, and quite often those factors do show through. Not only that, but there are some things that really, nothing but time can teach a person, so however wise or intelligent you are for your sixteen years (not you personally), you're just really not going to be able to disguise your natural and healthy immaturity. In such cases, prejudice can work for, rather than against you, as people who would come down on you like a ton of bricks if they knew you were in your forties and ought to know better, would be more indulgent and forgiving towards a kid.

Plus, some of us have fought long and hard, suffered and bled for those parts of our identity, to keep and own them and earn the right to not have to hide them. Why would such people want them to be ignored?
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    xxxx

I try to avoid telling my age mostly for security reasons. I try to apply the Principle of Least Access (POLA) to my internet persona. I simply don't tell people what they don't need to know. This method keeps my identity safe. Many of you probably have a reasonable guess as to my age, but I shalln't confirm it.

And, of course, there's the desire to avoid ageism and whatever stereotypes may be associated with my age.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

I've been joining online forums since I was around 12, and I've never told my real age mainly because of the lingering effects of all those television talk shows that make people overly paranoid when it comes to talking to others online. I know now that most people are smart enough to keep themselves safe online and that the majority of people online aren't pedophiles or serial killers/rapists.

That being said...I'm 15 =)
    Men are like parking spaces/the good ones are always taken and the ones left are handicapped or to small.