User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I speak three languages fluently, and sometimes i get them completely mixed up. I don't know which words belong to which language, resulting in a pseudo-language that only I understand.

ThatGirl

How would I know if I was having one of those days when my spelling is off?

I think I am the forums worst speller in general

To answer the question a good work out usually helps me get focused again

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Eh, I'm partially dyslexic and though symbols don't always convert to word symbols very well to begin with. Strange thing as I have been speaking english since I was 6 weeks old. I also forget words entirely, other than the fact that I know it exists.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

This happens to me ALL the time. Sometimes I'll forget what something's called, and I'll end up just describing what it does. This is an extreme example, and it hasn't happened yet, but like calling a "door" a "room opener." Once I forgot the word "margins" when I was describing to students how to format a paper in MLA style. "The space around the edges of the paper should be 1" all the way around." I remembered it for the next class.

Last night, I was trying to tell a student how I wanted her thoughts organized for a paper, and the word "outline" didn't seem right. It was right, but it just didn't seem right. Also last night, I was trying to figured out how to say I turned off my car engine. I asked my roommate if there was a word for that.

Other times, certain words just don't seem like they should be words.

I'm glad to know it's not just me!

MBTI
    INFP

My grammer (grammar?) got bored and wandered off in the middle of my psychology class this morning. I don't have a hope of understanding any of my notes xD
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yes, I can partially relate to this. I don't forget meanings, though, I have the meaning and forget the word for it. I don't forget anything when I'm writing, but when I'm speaking, sometimes I lose which words I need and end up having to assure the listener that I do, indeed, speak English.

It was worse when I was taking German/Swedish, though, cuz when I'd be speaking and forgetting the word I needed, the foreign equivalent would pop into my mind instead and the listener would just stare blankly until I realized I'd used the wrong word and had to pull up the translation on the spot.

Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

I think I am the forums worst speller in general
    Are you sure?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    Yes, I can partially relate to this. I don't forget meanings, though, I have the meaning and forget the word for it.....
    I do that.
    Just yesterday I had to ask my son and his friends what's the word that means "such and such" and it starts with an "a"?

MBTI
    infp

I've had a few occasions where when someone wa stalking I misinterpreted the stresses in their pronounciation and I thought they were speaking german or russian or soemthing It was quite embarassing and strange, it took me like 5 tries to understand it, and the person was like "what the hell is wrong with you!".

I think I also word sentances in a weird way when I get my thoughts mixed on occasion. It ends up being sort of like backwards syntax, but not Yoda style...

I have no idea why this happens... I guess for every 1000 pairs of pants you manufacture one will have a tear in the stitching...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Have you heard the story about the teens who were wacked out on amphetamines, wandering around in the cold, talking to cows who they thought were foreigners speaking a different language? They died of exposure, I've heard the 911 call. It was not good.