User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 63

  1. #31
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    If "bad ass" were equal only to fast, you'd see a lot more Honda Civics with monster V-8s and tough shocks. It's a combination of things.
    Just say style over substance, it's fine. As long as I know it's not something based on engineering but on taste then I won't be thinking of what works and more of what looks nice.

    Subject to those definitions I'll still support my earlier suggestion but I have another to make alongside those...

    TVR Tuscan Speed 12. It corners, it's absolutely fragging fast, beautiful and sounds like you just swapped a bunch of dinosaurs hemeroid cream with deep heat.

    Good enough?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

  2. #32
    Senior Member 563 740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Also:

    "It's like the sign says. Speed is just a question of money. How fast do you wanna go?"
    If that's quoted directly from Mad Max (and I'm pretty sure it is)...

    I... uh...

    I love you.

    Extremes: Need To Pursue

    I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

  3. #33
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Also:

    "It's like the sign says. Speed is just a question of money. How fast do you wanna go?"
    Haha, I do love you not. I think it to be more bad ass, to build a cheaper engine, but have an ingenious engineering.

    the R32 having about 100 HP less than a 2007 Corvette an nearly to reach its acceleration with about 0.3 seconds difference is badass

    The corvette model from the video is an older one. Prolly has around 500 HP, hasnt it ? That's double R32 size xD

    "Always against the system"

    ~ your daily ENTPness
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    If that's quoted directly from Mad Max (and I'm pretty sure it is)...

    I... uh...

    I love you.

    It is, but I assume it's an old hot rodder expression from who knows where. I think my dad's said it, though he could've gotten it from any number of sources, including Mad Max.

  5. #35
    Senior Member 563 740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It is, but I assume it's an old hot rodder expression from who knows where. I think my dad's said it, though he could've gotten it from any number of sources, including Mad Max.
    Pretty sure it does predate Mad Max, yeah ('79).

    Looove that movie though.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

    I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    Pretty sure it does predate Mad Max, yeah ('79).

    Looove that movie though.
    *looks at top five movies ever list* Yep, there it is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    J
    TVR Tuscan Speed 12. It corners, it's absolutely fragging fast, beautiful and sounds like you just swapped a bunch of dinosaurs hemeroid cream with deep heat.

    Good enough?
    Yes. I seem to remember driving one of those in Toca Race Driver 3, lol. Real smooth.

  7. #37
    Senior Member 563 740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    *looks at top five movies ever list* Yep, there it is.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMYLjlpP0NY"][/YOUTUBE]

    Unreal how this sounds in 5.1 with a good subwoofer...

    *checks his fly* Yep, my SPness is hanging out.
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

    I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    Unreal how this sounds in 5.1 with a good subwoofer...

    *checks his fly* Yep, my SPness is hanging out.
    I don't really have to watch that scene, I know it by heart. Of course I will watch it. Wasn't it recorded in mono? I'm a total purist.

    By the way, "The last of the V-8 interceptors" is probably tied with the Chevy above for most bad-ass movie car of all time.

  9. #39
    Senior Member 563 740's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I don't really have to watch that scene, I know it by heart. Of course I will watch it. Wasn't it recorded in mono? I'm a total purist.
    Probably, but 21st century magic & all that...
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

    I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

  10. #40
    Lex Parsimoniae Xander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Yes. I seem to remember driving one of those in Toca Race Driver 3, lol. Real smooth.
    Smooth?

    My friend you need to put down the absinthe and try something like water or maybe one of those smoothies. You've been sandpapering your tongue long enough.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] For ENTPs: What is the most "cruel/bad" thing you have ever done?
    By ALL-HAIL-ME in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-21-2016, 10:50 AM
  2. [ENTP] For ENTPs: What is the most "cruel/bad" thing you have ever done?
    By ALL-HAIL-ME in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2013, 05:55 AM
  3. The Bad-Ass Knitting Thread
    By EJCC in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 11:12 PM
  4. The 5 Most Bad Ass Presidents of All-Time
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO