123 Last

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Default Psychological Art Analysis Anyone?

Hey guys. I was bored while having this stomach ache that I've had all night, so I decided to open a brand new notebook of mine and draw/color something just for fun. And then I thought: why not make a game of it? The aim of this game is to see what you can tell about a person by looking at something they've drawn, painted, or sculpted (any medium is okay). You don't have to respond to the person directly above you, so it's a bit more free-form. You can analyze the intellect, emotions, anything , or just use your feelings to see what you can discern about someone's personality. I'll start by posting something I've recently drawn: (and I assure you, the colors are more vibrant on paper!)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's hard to put into words, but I've been in a loooot of art classes, and I do judge people by their work, no question. You're less concerned than I with making something "right." You put what you felt on the paper and called it good.

MBTI
    INTJ

I would say that the two circles in the middle show centeredness or a desire to be centered. The symetry indacates balance, but not perfect balance because the colors differ on the two sides. It could be a little bit of a yin-yang thing, balancing opposite parts of personality. I see both exactness, in the fairly precisise circles and a carlessness or spontaniety in the sloppy coloring.

The black in the center circle shows that your inner self is kept hidden and protected from others, or that your inner self is largely a mystery to you. The shape around the two circles looks like it might be a shield. The bright colors around the circles show someone who is outgoing, cheerful, enthusiastic.

Ilah

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

well, i think the outer circle in the middle signifies "no talent", while those two diamonds symbolize "mediocre art", jk, i have no idea.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Crayon don't lie.

I'd be reluctant to make up psychological judgements based on it though, but let's just see where the train of analysis takes us:

It's quite like an iris/pupil, isn't it? And movement inside the triangles. Like a polygon-petaled mass-shaped thing- which shifting open for the eye to see in a cool blue water world.

The crayon lines all move toward the middle. A desparate clawing movement- is it away or toward the middle? The circles are a new order, already the ripples into shapes next to it (the canoe-like shape)- distorting the previous field. Kind of like a black hole, really. I think they're being drawn into this new symmetry, but also clinging to the edges of the paper.

MBTI
    XNXP

I also noticed the "not quite" symmetry.

* puts on tweed jacket with leather elbow patches and puffs pipe before going into "Ask Ward" mode *

Well, Wally, when some boys do this, it just means that they are trying to balance their need for order with a little something else....

* reflects a moment since Wally is obviously still puzzled *

Like if you and the Beav were cleaning your room but purposely left one corner a little messy.

* Arches eyebrow inquisitively. Sees "Wally" smile *

* ruffs Eldanen's hair a little, and pats him on the back as he leaves *
    Last edited by kuranes; 09-18-2008 at 03:28 AM.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Cool assessments of my own art guys :P, as much as it could be called art, lol. Ilah, Colors, kuranes, all good stuff. But why doesn't someone else post some of theirs? :O

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Okay. I already posted this in my "blog." It's from '97 or '98. I prefer to draw without reference, machines and such, designing as I go, but if you want to draw a good portrait, there's no substitute for a model--real or photographed.

MBTI
    INTJ

Let me know if you can see this picture. I am linking it to something I have posted on an art site and I don't know if non members can see them.

Ilah
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ilah; 09-18-2008 at 09:22 AM. Reason: edited to try to get picture to show up

MBTI
    onto
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Re: OP
    Asymmetry (dissonance and variation) accommodated in apparent symmetry (simplicity); the symmetry doesn't look perfect though and soon going to be devoured from within.