User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    "Began."

Made for each other after all!

I saw that too.

Illogical premise because spelling is not grammar.

(Did I do a good job of talking like a Tee?)
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    There are two kinds of bishops in this world, my friend. Those that move around on the white squares, and those that move on the black ones.
    That's kinda mystical, isn't it? I mean Bishops move in mysterious ways - two forward or back or to the side, then one sideways. But each Bishop only gives their blessing to one colour. But between them they not only cover all the colours - as white is a combination of all the colours, - but also the complete lack of colour - black being without colour.

So they not only cover all the colours but the lack of colour as well. Just as sin is the lack of goodness. Trust the Bishops to have the whole game sewn up.

I guess that is why, Jack, you and I aren't Bishops - out of our pay scale.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Theoretically, I'll dump a woman if:

• She wants to learn about me. (A man needs his privacy.)
    • She gives me compliments with no reasons to back them up.
    Er, in normal relationships, those things are usually good things.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP

I once stopped hanging out with a woman because her dog had the hots for me. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

The problem with women is that they come in layers. They are wrapped like a Christmas present. And it is only when you take off one layer that you discover the layer underneath.

And the present underneath may be nothing like the Christmas wrapping.

And the problem with men is that we want our present so much, that we are completely dazzled by the wrapping.

In a way the feminists did us a great service in demanding that we not treat them as objects because we are forced to see them as people.

And of course some people you like and some you don't like so much, no matter how pretty the wrapping.

But the saddest thing, the tragic thing, is that many women treat themselves as objects.

This doesn't work so well anymore as we now have double vision - through one eye we see the object, and through the other eye we see the person.

The good thing about MBTI Central is that most women don't present themselves as Christmas presents.

This is not a visual medium - it is more an aural medium - and so we listen to the tone of voice.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The problem with women is that they come in layers. They are wrapped like a Christmas present. And it is only when you take off one layer that you discover the layer underneath.
    And the present underneath may be nothing like the Christmas wrapping.

And the problem with men is that we want our present so much, that we are completely dazzled by the wrapping.

In a way the feminists did us a great service in demanding that we not treat them as objects because we are forced to see them as people.

And of course some people you like and some you don't like so much, no matter how pretty the wrapping.

But the saddest thing, the tragic thing, is that many women treat themselves as objects.

This doesn't work so well anymore as we now have double vision - through one eye we see the object, and through the other eye we see the person.

The good thing about MBTI Central is that most women don't present themselves as Christmas presents.

This is not a visual medium - it is more an aural medium - and so we listen to the tone of voice.
    Amen. Good metaphor. It works that way for women as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Amen. Good metaphor. It works that way for women as well.
    And the most interesting thing about the tone of voice is that it is out our conscious control. So our tone of voice reveals our disposition.

There is an exception to this - superb actors like Meryl Streep are able to control not only what she says but how she says it - that is, she is able to control her tone of voice.

But none of us are Meryl Streep so our tone of voice can betray us or reveal us without our knowing. Your warm muzzle can whisper sweetly in my ear or bray in my face - in complete innocence.

All we have to do is listen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

He went by a nickname that was a food. Blech. Ok, that was just one reason, but it is a pretty compelling one.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

It's sort of weird... I mean, if you had found out some of these things later- for example, ladypinkington's reject had not asked her out on the beach, but somewhere with shirts- and she'd found him to be her dream guy after a few conversations- she probably would've been more forgiving of said strange bellybutton.

It's the same person, but because of the timing and order in which you learn facts about him/her- the length of romantic entanglement can greatly vary. Like the difference between "that-weird-fantasy-hockey-guy" and "the guy I'm dating who happens to like playing fantasy hockey".

Back on topic, my friend was interested in someone until she found out he LARP-ed (live-action role play).

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss
    He went by a nickname that was a food. Blech. Ok, that was just one reason, but it is a pretty compelling one.
    You can't say that and not tell us what it was. "Hot dog"? "Small fry"? "Shrimp"? "Saukeraut"?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    She was the most exciting and relaxing person I had ever met. We seemed to flow together like water. Every day was Christmas. Until she told me she loved me with pin point pupils. I was so naive, I didn't know she had just taken as shot of heroin. But at some deep emotional level, I received a warning sign - it was as though I heard a small voice, about knee height, warning me.

And it was as though my whole body was withdrawing from her. It was almost out of my control.

I still miss her and still foolishly hope I will meet someone like her. But without the pin point pupils.

Normally I love alliteration, but not in pupils.
    I'd hardly call that a dumb or superficial reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I once stopped hanging out with a woman because her dog had the hots for me. . .
    Did you at least get the dog's phone number before you stopped hanging out??
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!