First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

One word: Definitely. Although I'm never consciously aware of it.

When I was in Las Vegas, I found that I was overall in a better mood and intellectually stimulated.

When I came back to Cleveland, which is in an area that is very inconsistent in its climate, everything just got depressing. In Cleveland, one minute it's pretty and sunny, the next it's rainy and murky. Perhaps that has some sort of link to my bipolar tendencies.

I don't really think that the weather patterns are directly adjacent to my moods, but rather the overall climate.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Seasonal Affectively Disorder (SAD) is very real.

Just ask the folks in New England.

:yim_rolling_on_the_:

Seriously, if I had gone to college back in CA or some other sunnier state, I wouldn't have been nearly as miserable in undergrad. Not kidding.

I like the rain. But long stretches of grey days with sour faced people definitely caps my mood.

I live with the Brontes - they like cool, gray overcast days. I grew up in Fla and like sunny weather. I can handle rain showers and I can handle cold, but gray overcast is a downer for me. Funny I ended up in the SF Bay Area, isn't it? Fortunately I don't live in SF and Berkeley gets few all-gray days. But we've had a string of them this week.

I'm definitely affected by SAD. I'm lower in the winter with its lack of light and sun. My best season is summer, and the older I get, the more it is that way. Second is spring, next is autumn. Finally, winter, which is when we get most of our rain.

I bake more in the fall/winter. Again, the older I get, the more I follow the "sleep more, eat more carbs, read and do quiet activities" pattern in late fall/winter. I start to feel perkier in February.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am happy as long as I am not outside in the harsh elements. The sun makes me hot, sticky, and red, the rain pelts my face with cold bullets of water and humidity makes my hair unruly, snow and ice make my toes and fingers turn blue... It really just depends on how I am feeling that day whether or not I let the weather get to me.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    One word: Definitely. Although I'm never consciously aware of it.

When I was in Las Vegas, I found that I was overall in a better mood and intellectually stimulated.

When I came back to Cleveland, which is in an area that is very inconsistent in its climate, everything just got depressing. In Cleveland, one minute it's pretty and sunny, the next it's rainy and murky. Perhaps that has some sort of link to my bipolar tendencies.

I don't really think that the weather patterns are directly adjacent to my moods, but rather the overall climate.
    I like what you said about climate consistency. How does that effect our moods?

Here the weather can change dramatically very quickly. It can be cool and sunny one day and then be hot and humid and riany the next. In the winter, it can be 5 above freezing one day, and the next morning -10 with two and a half feet of snow. It's trippy. I kind of like it because it keeps things fresh. Ther ehave been morning I've woken up and the world looked like a completely different place from all the snowfall, it plays with your brain. And because of the lake effect, it cna be very localized. The last time we got like 3 feet of snow overnight, if you drove north as little as 15 minutes there was almost no snow at all. I was also once trapped in a small town for three days due to the weather. We called our neighbors back home, which was maybe half an hour's drive from where we were, and they said it was sunny and calm and not a flake of snow. I missed a concert!!!!!!

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I get depressed when it is hot outside and in the summer. All the bugs and the heat and the sun with the death rays and all the shvitzing- truely the worst time of the year,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I get depressed when it is hot outside and in the summer. All the bugs and the heat and the sun with the death rays and all the shvitzing- truely the worst time of the year,lol.

Wow, I've never heard of that before. Winter usually does that to people. I love the heat and humidity, tanning and sweating and what not.

MBTI
    ISTJ

What is "shvitzing"?

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I think I'm quite affected by the weather, though my moods don't correspond with the stereotypes associated with it. On sunny days, it depends on the temperature and the wind speed as to whether or not it makes me happy. Cool sunny fall mornings or evenings, and the days of spring where the sun is out over the clouds make me quite pleased. I'm a night-time sort of person, and the sight of a full moon with mist in the air or a halo around it makes me nearly ecstatic. My favorite time of day, though, is perhaps evening twilight, around the time of an impending thunderstorm, when I can see a dark sort of indigo-blue radiating softly in the sky, and a cool charged wind blowing in. Situations like /this/ happen to make me feel like I'm practically in another dimension.

I haven't been in many situations where it has rained for days on end, though I'd say that I'd probably feel quite peaceful during that time period and thankful for the rest and quiet mood imparted during that. The green leaves on the trees have an interesting shade when under a cloudy sky for a long period of time. They're more saturated, or something.

While many people are probably frightened by inclement weather, I'm thrilled by it. If any talk of hurricanes came about while I was in middle school and high school, I'd try and kick up the gossip with anyone around just to stir my emotions up more and feel excited by it. I love the energy that comes from the storm. None of that stuff scares me. The only thing that would frighten me would probably be an extremely loud lightning bolt hitting close to the house in a sudden bang -- and that would be more of a startling thing. I remember one time when I was staring at the living room window one pitch black night, and all of a sudden the earth outside was backlit in a brilliant violet light. That was an awesome experience.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I think I'm quite affected by the weather, though my moods don't correspond with the stereotypes associated with it. On sunny days, it depends on the temperature and the wind speed as to whether or not it makes me happy. Cool sunny fall mornings or evenings, and the days of spring where the sun is out over the clouds make me quite pleased. I'm a night-time sort of person, and the sight of a full moon with mist in the air or a halo around it makes me nearly ecstatic. My favorite time of day, though, is perhaps evening twilight, around the time of an impending thunderstorm, when I can see a dark sort of indigo-blue radiating softly in the sky, and a cool charged wind blowing in. Situations like /this/ happen to make me feel like I'm practically in another dimension.

I haven't been in many situations where it has rained for days on end, though I'd say that I'd probably feel quite peaceful during that time period and thankful for the rest and quiet mood imparted during that. The green leaves on the trees have an interesting shade when under a cloudy sky for a long period of time. They're more saturated, or something.

While many people are probably frightened by inclement weather, I'm thrilled by it. If any talk of hurricanes came about while I was in middle school and high school, I'd try and kick up the gossip with anyone around just to stir my emotions up more and feel excited by it. I love the energy that comes from the storm. None of that stuff scares me. The only thing that would frighten me would probably be an extremely loud lightning bolt hitting close to the house in a sudden bang -- and that would be more of a startling thing. I remember one time when I was staring at the living room window one pitch black night, and all of a sudden the earth outside was backlit in a brilliant violet light. That was an awesome experience.
    A more eloquant answer to this question could not be found. That was beautiful.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    What is "shvitzing"?
    It's yiddish for sweating
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables