User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Seasonal Affectively Disorder (SAD) is very real.

Just ask the folks in New England.

:yim_rolling_on_the_:

Seriously, if I had gone to college back in CA or some other sunnier state, I wouldn't have been nearly as miserable in undergrad. Not kidding.

I like the rain. But long stretches of grey days with sour faced people definitely caps my mood.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I do get more depressed in the winter. Spring and fall are my favorite months, and I'm happiest when it's breezy and sunny, temperatures in the 70s. If I had to live in a state where it was cold and dark for a sizeable portion of the year, I would have a serious case of SAD.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

grey clouds and cold weather-ecstatic
    raining-loving and walking in it

thunder and lightning-i need a cigarette and a sandwich
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Usually my mood is more affected by the amount of time I can stay out rather than the amount of sunlight. If I can go out cycling/running/hiking/doing things even when it's raining, I'm happy. The sun makes me even happier, but I enjoy more the spring sun rather than the summer sun (basically because with the summer sun we get here, often you can't do anything).

If I have to stay inside (whatever kind of inside) for a prolonged period of time, then I get depressed.

If I had to model the changes in my mood in relation to the changes in weather, I'd say that I'm happiest when there is some variability, and when the temperature is around 70-80. If there's a long stretch of sunny days, and thein it rains, I like the rain. If there's a long stretch of rainy days, I don't like it anymore. etc etc
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    INXP

I feel calm and contended on a grey, drizzly day.

I like to watch the wind move the trees when there's a gentle breeze.

I like to see the sea calm like a liquid mirror.

I like to see the sea rough; frothing and veined.

I like to watch the white clouds roll by to good string section.

I like to watch the sand dance around my ankles.

I like to feel the warmth of the sun.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love rainy, cool days. The sun shining for days or weeks on end drives me crazy. I like overcast and breezy. Cool nights. I dislike heat and humidity and I could probably not live in the south. I've never has SAD and I can't even fathom it. Those long winter nights are so comforting to me.

I'm also kind of a weather junkie. I like the weather channel on all the time. Constant updates. Strangely enough I do like to walk and bike as often as I can. Even if it's hot. Somehow the activity makes me not care so much. Just being out in it though..no.

MBTI
    INTP

I must admit the incessant torrential rain and gale force wind last weekend didn't help my comedown.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Let's see. I'm more seasonal.

The summer weather oppresses me to the point of submission. I'm pretty chill during the summer.

Spring and Fall are productive. I do a lot during these months. I am 'wound up'. It is lovely.

And then winter just batters me down until February. I don't know if it's my mood or my health. It usually culminates in some kind of fantastic end, like a bad case of the flu.

The only reason why the weather affects my mood is that I don't like having to walk through the rain and thunderstorms can screw up my concentration. But otherwise... no.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP

It can affect me, but not greatly really... I do prefer blue skies but I don't like hot weather. Ideally, a fresh and crisp autumn day with temp around 15C is my ideal. I really love heavy rain and dramatic thunderstorms, either going out and running in it and getting soaked or sitting in and watching it from my window in the dark.

If it's overcast though and I don't see a bit of blue sky for longer than say, 2 weeks (which can happen in the UK lol) I do get a bit irritable, but not hugely. By the end of winter in England I'm glad to see the back of it, but spring annoys me more because on this island in spring you just never, ever know what the weather's even vaguely gonna do, you can go out to work in the morning under blue skies and flowers and by lunchtime you can be wading through shin-deep snow, then walking home with your umbrella blown inside out by gales!

At least winter's a bit more stable, you know where you are even if that's cold and possibly wet and/or windy! I'm glad to see the back of spring but summer soon gets annoying when it gets too hot - hasn't happened in the last couple of years but three years ago it was in the 30's every day for weeks and I almost emmigrated to Antarctica

So the only season I wish would last forever is autumn - mellow gold sunshine still setting fairly late with spectacular colours, beautiful coloured and crunchy leaves underfoot, blue skies and whispy clouds, temperature warm enough to mean leaving your coat at home but cool enough to be comfortable. The occasional spot of rain, no big deal
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infp

It doesn't effect my mood. In the winter the sun goes down at like 5, and in the summer it goes down at like 9 or 10, and the length of day doesn't change my mood at all. Although it is still usually sunny in the winter even if for fewer hours. But rainy or cloudy days don't make me feel any different then sun. I actually find the cloudy days a bit more peaceful, while the bright sun can burn my eyes and skin if it's too bright. Winter is also very pleasing aesthetically.

<<<<<<< Winnie the Snowman!