User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default What brought you to type c and what made you stay?

I know there's been a thread like this in the past, but I'm curious if the answers are the same or different now a few years later.

Edit:. Also....

How did you hear of Type C?

If you stayed for the community, what is it about the community that you like?
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Kas, highlander, N/A, Falcarius liked this post

The curiosity about typology brought me in and the people made me stay. I enjoy this small community.

Edit:

I haven't really heard about forum. I heard about MBTI, Socionics and Enneagram and haven't understood the systems. I don't like not understanding, so I started to look for the informations online. I went though some websites that haven't provide me enough of knowledge about subject and then I found Typo C where I found what I was looking for, enough information (if not in here than links to them or book recommendations or personal comments about life situation relating to the systems).

Talking about community... I happened to appreciate posts of various members and as the society in here is small I kept coming back because I was interested what they will write. And after more than year not much changed. I keep thinking that there is a lot of interesting people and I keep coming back to see what's in their minds.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

The No Likes Experiment.

Likes gromit liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

Ran out of patterns to follow on other forums, and the mods there didn't appreciate me reading their patterns, so I got banned and came here lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Ran out of patterns to follow on other forums, and the mods there didn't appreciate me reading their patterns, so I got banned and came here lol.
    I can see that you discern patterns but what makes you think you're good at it?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I can see that you discern patterns but what makes you think you're good at it?
    Same way as everything else: Occam's Razor. I was more intelligent than my classmates growing up, and I was the best runner in my grade. Could all external verifications been part of a complex conspiracy? Possibly, but that wouldn't be a reasonable thought to maintain.

Rainy Day Member
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I was introduced to the forum by another member, who I met on an MBTI page on Facebook.

I stayed for the community and the friendships I made here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I was looking for information about conflicts between INTJs and ENTJs originally because I had an issue with one at work. I had been interested in personality type for a long time having had read several books on it and using it to understand people better. It's not something I talked about really though and it was fun to join a place where other people were interested in the topic. In that sense, it was like an amazing discovery and I learned a lot for a while there. I was asked to be a moderator about 10 months after joining and then started to feel a sense of responsibility which ended up leading to other things.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I was looking for information about conflicts between INTJs and ENTJs originally because I had an issue with one at work. I had been interested in personality type for a long time having had read several books on it and using it to understand people better. It's not something I talked about really though and it was fun to join a place where other people were interested in the topic. In that sense, it was like an amazing discovery and I learned a lot for a while there. I was asked to be a moderator about 10 months after joining and then started to feel a sense of responsibility which ended up leading to other things.
    And what would you do if you found out after all this time the asshole wasn't even ENTJ?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    And what would you do if you found out after all this time the asshole wasn't even ENTJ?
    Seppuku.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance
    Likes yama, an hero liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

What brought you to type c and what made you stay?
    Studying personality typology in an effort to better understand myself and others. More for the second than the first, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    How did you hear of Type C?

If you stayed for the community, what is it about the community that you like?
    It kept coming up in google search results so I made an account and promptly forgot about it for ~7 months.

The community is small enough to have depth and a coherent history but large enough to not feel like a complete echo chamber. There was enough dissent to not feel too stale but enough agreement to give the impression of development. I mainly stayed because the people here seemed to have a better understanding/were no longer susceptible to the same stereotypes that plagued other typology communities. That and the overall higher age and maturity caused me to see the individual members, not just the community itself, as intriguing and potentially worth sticking around for to better understand.

Also, some metaphor about small ponds, big ripples, and suffocating consequences.