User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INTJ

I used to have a photo taped to my fridge of a large beautiful secluded log home on a glassy lake in Colorado nestled in a mountain valley.
    Can't really find anything like it online, except this:
    Treasure Island Cabin - Home

My other dream home was a yellow Victorian with a turret.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

An open plan house with a modern, minimalist interior, lots of windows and an exterior that fits in with the surroundings, close to mountains and water as well as civilisation *dreams*

MBTI
    INTJ

Bee-you-tee-ful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    An open plan house with a modern, minimalist interior, lots of windows and an exterior that fits in with the surroundings, close to mountains and water as well as civilisation *dreams*

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

So long as we're talking about entirely being dream-state.. >=)

I need a HUGE plot of land just outside the city limits, where the southern most tip of the land would be just near the city and all it's resources, and the northern-most tip would end at a lakefront.

I would have a HUGE manor built in the center of all this, which would easily be recognized as a beautifully updated cover of the Addam's Family mansion.. It would be complete with creepy wrought iron fencing all along it, trap doors that lead to no where or random parts of the house for no reason. And you could get on a train that would take you to any balcony on the outside of the house, the roof top, the green house, the front of the house, OR all the way to the lakefront property which would be a humble little cabin with a dock and boat, OR all the way to the southern most tip of my land, which would have an apartment complex I would run and with my own ridiculously large apartment.

I'd have stables, and an old-school carriage. I'd have golf carts so that I could drive around aimlessly. I'd have a garage underground so that I'd have to drive up to it Batman style and store my cars with a nifty floor elevator down.

I'd have a cute little maid that worked for and lived with me, and a butler that would take care of all my paperwork and nonsense that I don't ever feel like doing.

... And I'd have pringles there. ^_^b
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Set's up camps on kyuuei couch

MBTI
    ISTx

A cozy house in the Suburbs of Seattle in a good neighborhood. A pool. A boat. A dog. A kid or two and a lovely wife. That would be ideal for me.

Edit:
    Maybe a little property where my parents/siblings are moving in the mountains of Tennessee as well.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    When I was in junior high I used to have a detailed diagram of what my house would look like...

Multiple floors, a trapdoor
    Yes, trapdoors and secret passages, by all means.

Quote Originally Posted by Winz View Post
    For serious. Except, I'd like more trees please.
    I liked that place on the top. Code indicated an "eco-house" but if I hadn't known that it looked like something from a dream or childrens' book illustration. That's a good thing by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    So long as we're talking about entirely being dream-state.. >=)
    Yes, let's do.

I would have a HUGE manor built in the center of all this, which would easily be recognized as a beautifully updated cover of the Addam's Family mansion.. It would be complete with creepy wrought iron fencing all along it, trap doors that lead to no where or random parts of the house for no reason.
    Trap doors, yes, by all means.

And you could get on a train that would take you to any balcony on the outside of the house, the roof top, the green house, the front of the house, OR all the way to the lakefront property which would be a humble little cabin with a dock and boat
    Would it be a somewhat miniature train but still have the dignity of an adult train ? Like something out of a Paul Delvaux or DeChirico painting ? I like this idea.
    I'd have stables, and an old-school carriage. I'd have golf carts so that I could drive around aimlessly. I'd have a garage underground so that I'd have to drive up to it Batman style and store my cars with a nifty floor elevator down.
    Yes, a Batcave too. With stalagmites and stalag-maybenots.
    I'd have a cute little maid that worked for and lived with me, and a butler that would take care of all my paperwork and nonsense that I don't ever feel like doing.
    Wouldn't you want at least one of the servants to be eccentric or odd looking in some way ? To continue with the Addams Family imagery ?
    ... And I'd have pringles there. ^_^b
    Can't agree with you there. I'll take those "kettle-cooked" kind instead.

One wing of the sprawling mansion would be the "haunted wing" of course, that many people avoided out of fear, since not all the ghosts or weird beings looked relatively Edward Goreyish benign. Some are much more jarring to the senses. A safe and dry place to view them however, is in the Batcave lounge, which has a viewport into one end of the haunted wing's lower levels, and so looks like an aquarium wall, since that lower level being viewed is underwater. Here one can occasionally see the beings from upstairs "taking a constitutional" swim through coral structures that vaguely resemble old ruins of the sort found in Piranesi etchings.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kuranes View Post
    Yes, trapdoors and secret passages, by all means.

I liked that place on the top. Code indicated an "eco-house" but if I hadn't known that it looked like something from a dream or childrens' book illustration. That's a good thing by the way.

Yes, let's do.

Trap doors, yes, by all means.

Would it be a somewhat miniature train but still have the dignity of an adult train ? Like something out of a Paul Delvaux or DeChirico painting ? I like this idea.

Yes, a Batcave too. With stalagmites and stalag-maybenots.

Wouldn't you want at least one of the servants to be eccentric or odd looking in some way ? To continue with the Addams Family imagery ?

Can't agree with you there. I'll take those "kettle-cooked" kind instead.

One wing of the sprawling mansion would be the "haunted wing" of course, that many people avoided out of fear, since not all the ghosts or weird beings looked relatively Edward Goreyish benign. Some are much more jarring to the senses. A safe and dry place to view them however, is in the Batcave lounge, which has a viewport into one end of the haunted wing's lower levels, and so looks like an aquarium wall, since that lower level being viewed is underwater. Here one can occasionally see the beings from upstairs "taking a constitutional" swim through coral structures that vaguely resemble old ruins of the sort found in Piranesi etchings.
    I think we're going to get along juust fine. ^_^b

Yes, it would be a give-in that my servents be entirely quirky and off. There'd be no fun in it if they were normal. A leering, strict Butler with a way to his speech, and my essentric cute maid with paranoia gripping her throat. I'm loving it! (Btw, my equation to cute is not the same as most females I know..)

My train would have dignity.. No sense riding a nasty barbie train for kids. I'm an adult! I laid down the electric-driven barbie jeep for the ACTUAL 4-wheeler. but... It'd have to remind me of Halloween Town.

I loving the whole aquarium aspect! I am definitely a fan of swimming, sea-life, and the awe-inspiring creepy gloom aquariums have the potential of having.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    XNXP

I think we're going to get along juust fine. ^_^b

(Btw, my equation to cute is not the same as most females I know..)
    Ah. That clears things up a bit.
    I loving the whole aquarium aspect! I am definitely a fan of swimming, sea-life, and the awe-inspiring creepy gloom aquariums have the potential of having.
    There could even be a hermit crabshell sort of thing with a vaguely Cthulhu-looking being inside who would extend feelers like a sea anemone sometimes. A small vulnerable looking thing, which looked like a shriveled up child's doll, would float amongst these stinging tentacles without harm, luring others to their first or second deaths, or some dire fate worse than death; it being the only sort of creature immune to them. The shriveled doll being would use its kewpie doll face to suck and clean at the goo and barnacles that accumulated around the large hermit crab shell.

A figure that looked like a wraith would sometimes be seen also, and one looking would wonder if it was a transparent mermaid, or rather some kind of jellyfish that mimicked humanity, the way that some fish grow lights out of their sides as lures....in the abyss.

Glimpsed less often was a patch of inky blackness, like a giant squid discharge, that had two burning eyes staring out of it. What sort of being the eyes belonged to was unknown as the darkness always surrounded it.

A giant red sea scorpion, with a fearsome sort of "aquatic praying mantis" way about it, could be seen sometimes also, often in the vicinity of a little thing that looked like a cross between a "cute" dachshund and a chihuahua, with fins.... most of the time. At other times the little creature would suddenly inflate itself somehow, and become a huge swollen bladder covered with spikes, which was the "dog's fur" inflating also. A long glowing "electric eel" tongue would come out of it, and then the scorpion would twitch and dance back, with its weirdly quasi-human face making an expression, as if in fear and surprise, having gone through this act many times for different audiences. Show offs.

The dolphins I mentioned earlier rarely go to this waterhole, with the exception of a few short lived "hot dogs" or..... the bravest of the bottlenoses.
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.