User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

If I ever become a billionaire or hundred-millionaire, here are some residences I would consider:

Updown Court - Windlesham, Surrey, UK
    Updown Court - Windlesham - Surrey - The UK's most expensive and luxurious private residence

Hearst House - Beverly Hills, CA (aka "Horsehead Manor"; this is producer Jack Woltz's palatial estate from The Godfather)
    http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20..._470x310,0.jpg

Neverland Ranch - Los Olivos, CA (I'd have to exorcise the weirdness somehow, but it's a huge, beautiful estate in my favorite part of California: Santa Barbara County; excellent potential vineyard property, too)
    http://www.googletutor.com/wp-conten...rlandranch.jpg

Also, a flat in London (preferably on Kensington Palace Gardens or somewhere in Belgravia); a palazzo in Umbria, Italy; a place on the Upper East Side in NYC, and a ranch near Beaver Creek, CO. I'd probably want somewhere to stay in Philly, too, so a house in Chestnut Hill or Villanova, and a penthouse in Rittenhouse Square.

But, of course, I would be fine in a little house or apartment if it's warm and I have someone there to make it my home. The billion dollars would still be sweet, though. I'd be an awesome eccentric billionaire.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP

<<<<<<Give me a comfortable small house a little below treeline there. About 5 minutes from a very small town with a 200 people or so and a food store, and about 40 minutes from real "civilization". A nice solar/wind power system as well, and a big detached workshop/garage. (4 car+ size)
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INxJ

^^^ That looks really nice.

I don't have a dream house. Or much of a dream anything. I wonder if that's strange.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Nah

MBTI
    ISTJ

I'd very much like to live alone on a little island, I don't care what the house looks like.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

A boat on the Norfolk Broads.

Maybe even a small ex-miners cottage in the Rhondda Valley, or a boat on Neath and Tennant Canals. Sadly, there are not many jobs around the Rhondda Valley presently, and boats can't really go on much of the Neath and Tennant Canals any more either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think the image speaks for itself.

"We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My house is fine, I think. If I did anything, I would offer my next door neighbors an ungodly sum for their little house and move into it while our house is being remodeled. I would make my house beautiful and as energy efficient as possible and use those solar panel shingles on the roof. After my house was all fixed up, I would hire a couple to take care of us. They could live in the neighbor's little house and they would do our cleaning, cooking, driving, yard work, etc.

Either that or I'd get some land outside the city limits, part wooded, part not and I would build something energy efficient, maybe even off the grid, maybe a Hobbit Hole, who knows? I would raise goats and chickens and have a big vegetable and herb garden and an orchard. I've always wanted to try that, but I think I'm too lazy, so I'd have to have someone to do the chores when I didn't feel like it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTP

For serious. Except, I'd like more trees please.

Thank you.