I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    A log cabin in a wooded area with rustic furnishings. And as long as we're dreaming, I want a stream running through my property that runs over and around slippery rocks and ends in a small waterfall.

And it should be within an hour's drive of a decent-sized city. Because while I'm a former Boy Scout and appreciate the outdoors, I need my restaurants and movie theaters and bars and culture, too.
    +1 that's exactly the way I'd like it too. Near where I live, it's actually full of places like these; actually, I really like the place I live right now (north-eastern italy). There's a bit of everything: hills, sea, mountains, lakes, plains, big and small cities
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    in a neighborhood with rich people, mixed culture
    Good luck with that.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Good luck with that.
    it doesn't have to be
    i just want people who are kind enough

i'm going to be a recluse anyhow, so no bother
    that is until touring comes back around
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Good luck with that.
    it doesn't have to be
    i just want people who are kind enough, and rich doesn't hurt anything, either
    it does, but it doesn't

i'm going to be a recluse anyhow, so no bother
    that is until touring comes back around
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    GONE

I used to want to live in a castle converted into modern living on the inside -- you know, not drafty or damp.

I'd fill it with people like an artist colony so it was almost this living thing. People would be up at any given hour and while it's not a commune (no thanks) people would coexist and actually *live* in the space.

There would be a big rustic kitchen, a karaoke room, a game room, a bowling alley, a swimming pool, etc.

There woudl always be something going on if you wanted to find it but there wouldn't be a ton of people, just enough to create the habitat equivalent of one of those 'infinite motion' toys. Not so small it feels cultish but not so big that it feels...cultish, LOL. And the place would be big and old and have gravitas and history to it and you could find peace inside the old stones.

I know...I'm sure someone could deconstruct that. Let's not, 'nnkay?

Now, I want a 2 bed/2 bath condo, ideally 2 levels with a den or loft and walk in closets and a whirlpool bathtub, with lots of windows and light and a fully functional snazzy kitchen and a 2 way fireplace! A new building in the 'heart of downtown' or really a hip convenient neighborhood. And I want reserved parking dammit! Not because I plan on using it, but because it just seems like robbery NOT to include it considering the price of an 'urban home'.

And NO ROOMMATES! LOL.

Yeah, it's a 'crazy fantasy'. :P

This is what I would IDEALLY like to purchase for myself in the 'near future' and I've been monitoring the real estate market for a while. So my mind just can't go on flights of fancy to answer the OP.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love the house we have now. Two story walk out basement. The previous owners remodeled the lower level to be an entire living space for in-laws so there are two bedrooms, full bath, kitchen and a family room. The kitchen seemed strange at first but it's really nice to have come holiday time or just when we are all down there watching tv. No running upstairs to the kitchen for anything. It's a good neighborhood, close to the schools and major roads, just a short drive to work for me. The only drawback at first was not having everything, and I mean everything within a 5-10 minute drive. We're not in the middle of nowhere but most of the places I want to go are about 20 minutes away.

The other thing I would love is a loft in a big city (NYC, Chicago, San Francisco). I want to be within walking distance of restaurants, delis, shopping, interesting things to do. I want to be able to retreat when I want but not be far from anything.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INtP

Probably something like this. I don't care for the decor so much, but a nice house on the lake, in Seattle (my favorite weather - a big plus) would be quite nice. If not that, a similar house up in the mountains (Lake Tahoe?) would be quite acceptable too . Yeah, I know... keep dreaming.

MBTI
    ENTP

I love the Bronze Age style roundhouses that I've seen both in historic reconstructions and also eco communes such as Tipi Valley in Wales. But I also love these Anglo-Saxon houses that I visited at West Stow in Suffolk, England. I've slept in them and spent a lot of time in them and it's always been a dream of mine to get some land and build a couple myself and live in them permanently. Have one that I live in with *some* mod cons (eco style, y'know, solar panel powered and stuff, but not enough to spoil the whole point of primitive lifestyle) and another that I hire out and make money from eco tourism and educational trips and stuff.

Here's me and my daughter on a recent visit...

Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen