User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    That bastard Jerry, I hated that mouse so much.
    I think Jerry gave a whole generation or two victim complexes. "Wahhh! The world is united against me..."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Villains always have all the good roles, and the best ones have flair/style.

Frankly, the villains are just more fun... and extreme. And fearless.
    In the narrative too, it's very common for the villain to be the active character, and the hero is forced to respond in order to prevent the villain's desires from flowering. (So "good" tends to be "reactive" and evil initiates.)

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Wow, I just realized my mind doesn't even label "villian" or "hero". I know the lines are drawn in a movie or show, or what have you, but after it's done I don't remember the moral difference between the lines.
    I've always wondered whether the Road Runner or Wile E. Coyote was the villain in those cartoons. Sometimes it is just a matter of perspective.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've always wondered whether the Road Runner or Wile E. Coyote was the villain in those cartoons. Sometimes it is just a matter of perspective.
    It is isn't it...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham is infinitely cooler than Kevin Costner's damp squib of a Robin Hood.

Weyoun in DS9 is just fantastic.

Long John Silver... just can't hate him.

The Daleks - you don't really want them to be wiped out, do you?

Darth Vader is cooler than Luke Skywalker by a long way; if it were Hans Solo fighting him you'd be rooting for Hans, but Luke's a bit of a drip, I can't really get behind him.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    It is isn't it...
    Sauron: "So many dreams, gone up in smoke! I worked so hard, you know. Had my life planned out since I was a kid. I looked at the other Valar and knew they were happy with the status quo, but there were so many things that could have been better, that just needed someone's attention... and none of my peers had the vision to fix them. I didn't really like the thought of carrying on alone and all the hurt feelings that would result if I stepped out of the mold, but sometimes you just have to rise to the occasion, you know?

I love the world, really! With great responsibility comes great power -- I needed to make sure I was strong enough to weather the years ahead. I don't particularly think those orcs I made are attractive, but they serve their purpose. And while I would liked to put in a flower bed and a nice gazebo on the plains, I just didn't have the resources to fix up Mordor. I sacrificed property improvement for the things that mattered.

And then those crazy hobbits just show up and blow everything. All I wanted was my ring back. It was my mother's and meant a great deal to me. Instead they pitched it in the lava. *weeps* What sort of creature DOES that to another living being?!"

Therapist: "Go on."

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Banned
    MBTI
    type

"...All these moments will be lost in time. Like tears in rain..."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Alan Rickman's Sheriff of Nottingham is infinitely cooler than Kevin Costner's damp squib of a Robin Hood.
    Totally totally agree. That movie perhaps is one of the most extreme that way -- the hero sucks, the villain rocks.

Darth Vader is cooler than Luke Skywalker by a long way; if it were Hans Solo fighting him you'd be rooting for Hans, but Luke's a bit of a drip, I can't really get behind him.
    I find Luke kind of endearing in that drippy way, though. The whole farmboy thing works very well in Star Wars; it's worth the price of admission to see him scream, "NoOoOooOooOOOOOOO! Nooooo! That's imPOOOOSSSSibulllll!!" *angush* in Empire; and even in the third movie, he's annoying as hell but sort of endearing with all the, "Oh father, I can still sense the good in you" crap.

Sort of.
    (Well, okay, he was slapworthy.)

MBTI
    ENTP

And Skeletor is WAY cooler than He-Man. You seriously want Skeletor to win, you totally feel his frustration with his useless lackeys, and you want him to just once get the satisfaction of kicking He-Man's bland, corny ass.

I mean, Skeletor even uses sarcasm.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    ENTP

And if anyone watched the CBS/BBC series "Rome", you might've found it as interesting as I did that you often couldn't decide who actually WAS the villain. Titus Pullo for example, you're introduced to him as a murdering, raping thug and yet somehow... you find yourself liking him and rooting for him. Well, I did anyway.

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

It's so cliche for the good guys to always win. This creates a burning desire within me to see them lose and have evil victorious -- I want to see the other side of the coin, you know? This is why I enjoyed the ending of WC3 - Frozen Throne. Because good didn't win . I was shocked and surprised at the ending. I absolutely loved it.

Also, a side note: in most video games you find, you'll have a surplus of people on the good side, while evils will always have fewer, more experienced players. This is nearly a gaming Law.