Thread: Type Mismatches

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    If only. Seems some of them are too busy listening to "God" telling them that I'm a dark soul (really! I LITERALLY vibrate and evanesce with dark energy!! lolz) that's there to leech their morale by tearing their world apart piece by piece for my own dastardly ends... or something.

Oberon, go nibble some cheese or something, and like, count your sour grapes before they hatch!!
    Weird. I think your brain is strange, but you don't seem evil to me. Maybe my spidey senses are malfunctioning.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Weird. I think you're brain is strange, but you don't seem evil to me. Maybe my spidey senses are malfunctioning.
    Well, SOMEbody's spider sense is screwed cos I've had just as many people tell me I've a glitteringly pure white aura. At which I've laughed equally hard. (thanks btw about the 'strange' thing, I do try y'know )

Oberon - oven baked with garlic and thyme, no less
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, SOMEbody's spider sense is screwed cos I've had just as many people tell me I've a glitteringly pure white aura. At which I've laughed equally hard. (thanks btw about the 'strange' thing, I do try y'know )
    You're welcome. I'm pretty sure the sentiment is mutual or I wouldn't have said.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    If you had to pick two types such that, if you locked them in a room together for a month, you'd expect them to have fought to the death by the end of day five, which types would it be?

A pair of INTPs gets my vote.

(If you want to really get the ball rolling, have there be only one computer between them.)
    Ah, yeah. I remember you always thinking me and you-know-who were fighting all the time... while we were only being obnoxious for fun.

Sometimes on INTPc people get harsh with each other in the discussions, but you're forgetting that the pervasive sense of detachment means it's not quite as personal as it comes across.

Of course, the answer wouldn't be anything pairing up an ENTP -- they'd be wanting to have sex with the other person, not fight with them.

Well, SOMEbody's spider sense is screwed cos I've had just as many people tell me I've a glitteringly pure white aura.
    Must be all the cocaine.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Oberon - oven baked with garlic and thyme, no less
    oooh... well, there goes the segue into the Cheese Shop sketch...!

And I'm hungry.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm pretty sure the sentiment is mutual or I wouldn't have said.
    Actually I usually agree with stuff you say here, though I am sometimes confused or surprised at how you arrived there, by a very different route to me.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Oberon

Okay... imagine a pair of ISFJs. One of them was raised in a house where you store glasses on the shelf mouth-upward, and the other was raised in a house where you store glasses on the shelf mouth-downward.

I give them three days, max.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Okay... imagine a pair of ISFJs. One of them was raised in a house where you store glasses on the shelf mouth-upward, and the other was raised in a house where you store glasses on the shelf mouth-downward.

I give them three days, max.
    You're going to give me nightmares with this stuff!
    Actually I usually agree with stuff you say here, though I am sometimes confused or surprised at how you arrived there, by a very different route to me.
    Pretty weird and cool. I like how your NT brain adheres to principles because they are right, while I do so because they are right, but the way my right and your right work are so different. And I'm probably not making much sense.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Okay... imagine a pair of ISFJs. One of them was raised in a house where you store glasses on the shelf mouth-upward, and the other was raised in a house where you store glasses on the shelf mouth-downward. I give them three days, max.
    "You're gonna burn for this, Angel."

I remember feeling that way with some other posters, like Protean. We often seem to come up with similar conclusions nowadays, but it's fun to see how we get there by somewhat different routes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

ha, get you, editing as well lol
    I'm gonna make a new rule for all the NT's here: see if you can get through a week day hour without editing a single post after publishing.

(there will be blood)