User Tag List

View Poll Results: What do you think of yourself?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love myself dude

19 33.33%
  • I hate myself, beat it

1 1.75%
  • I like myself enough

15 26.32%
  • I dislike myself most of the time

14 24.56%
  • Other

8 14.04%
First 1234 Last

I dislike myself most of the time. Not sure I can give you reasons. But this is how I see myself:

I generally would like to sleep and day-dream all day, and that is who I picture to be my true-self. There doesn't seem to be much to like there.

I do most of the other stuff because I need to survive, and I don't like being a burden on others. If it weren't for my need for self-reliance. I really would sleep all day.

While doing stuff I need to survive, I get bored, and my mind wanders, so thats where I get the motivation to do some other things.

Every once in a while, I will spot something interesting during these boredom induced endeavours, and find myself actually wanting to do stuff other than sleep. These things tend to be way beyond my cabablities and this compels me to attempt to acquire abilities to do these things. Unfortunately, these attempts take resources that could be used for survival, leading to more need for activities to keep myself self-reliant.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm going to say for the first time in my life that I love myself.

I'm not perfect, I still have issues and things I wish were different about me, that I was better at some things; but I will honestly say now that I do not wish I was anyone else personality-wise, and I can take real pride in the things I've done or tried to do in my life.

(I used to loathe myself, though. So that is a big change.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I love myself. This doesn't mean that I think I'm perfect. I'm into personal growth and I enjoy the journey quite a bit. I'm happy with who I am now and I'm excited that I'm the kind of person who will become who I want to be in the future.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm cool. Would be cooler if I was less gassy and/or anxious, but I'm workin' on it.

MBTI
    EXXP

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I'm cool. Would be cooler if I was less gassy and/or anxious, but I'm workin' on it.
    Sounds like IBS. Are you anxious because of the gas issue? Anyway, here are some tips.

Gas may cause cramping and bloating. To prevent it, try these tips.
    Avoid carbonated beverages, chewing gum, highly spiced foods, and too many sweets.
    Don't skip meals.
    Don't talk and chew at the same time. This causes you to swallow air, which may cause gas.
    Eat only peeled, cooked fruits and vegetables that don't have seeds. Strain the seeds out of tomatoes.
    Avoid beans, corn (including popcorn), and nuts. Vegetables in the cabbage and onion families including broccoli and garlic may also cause problems.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

I'm at the edge of a swimming pool. I'm in the water and I am trying to climb out. But the side of the pool is slippery and I can't quite pull myself out.

I'm quite comfortable in the pool and if I swim down to the other end, I can climb up the steps.

So I like being out of the pool and I like being in the pool. So wonder, why am I stuck at the slippery end?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This is entirely true.

Rather than wear myself out in the pool, I decided to practise in the bathtub.

Indeed, MBTI is my own special bathtub. It is warm and supportive and I have the company of all and each of you as I scrabble on the slippery edge.

Especially ThatGirl, who keeps on handing me the soap with a giggle.

But I notice I just keep getting slippery.

Will I ever get out of the bathtub?
    An open-mind is a mighty weapon
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    An open-mind is a mighty weapon
    An open mind is indeed a good thing, but if it be too open and there's no judgment going on that's not a good situation either because there just isn't any grounding to support the person. There always needs to be balance.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    An open mind is indeed a good thing, but if it be too open and there's no judgment going on that's not a good situation either because there just isn't any grounding to support the person. There always needs to be balance.
    You do not honestly think that this isnt the thing that I fear the most ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

to answer the origional topic and throw the conversation off topic by doing so (I do that in real life too)

I like me

Do I have faults? Yes, but I forgive me for them
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett