INTj

Argh. *rolls eyes*

*shakes head*

*exits thread*

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ok so from an anthropological stand point yes heavier woman were attractive due to their ability to breed well.

Chubbieness was also considered a sign of social status. Women who laboured all day and were poor were much thinner than the upper classes so a healthy weight was a sign of superiority.

Now that we live in a mental era where people are not as concerned with breeding or settling down but with productivity and self motivated goals. Would a thinner woman resemble a healthier mental status. Perhaps we moved beyond the physical in to the mental relm where the woman who can say no to the extra cheese burger has now become the dominant girl?

Mental era= mental strength=slender
    Makes sense, and Desmond Morris, in The Human Animal (iirc), says about exactly the same thing. Make sure you don't plagiarize, it's not exactly underground material.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Makes sense, and Desmond Morris, in The Human Animal (iirc), says about exactly the same thing. Make sure you don't plagiarize, it's not exactly underground material.
    Damn It! All my papers come back plagerized.

Ive never even heard of that book. or the research article some guy from a millwalke wrote about my last paper.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Argh. *rolls eyes*

*shakes head*

*exits thread*
    So you like the chubs then

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

This forum needs a Classics section.

MBTI
    ENTP

With all the feedback and interest we've been showing in your writing process, I think we would be ever so disappointed if you don't share your resulting grade, ThatGirl. You wouldn't want to let us down, would you?
    I don't wanna!

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    With all the feedback and interest we've been showing in your writing process, I think we would be ever so disappointed if you don't share your resulting grade, ThatGirl. You wouldn't want to let us down, would you?
    Ill post the paper for you when I am done. May take a while to actually get it handed back to me though.

MBTI
    ENTP

sweet.
    I don't wanna!

ThatGirl

Ok here is my first draft while it should be longer I just cant think of anything to say. I am NOT a writer

Turn on your television and just watch. What do you see? In commercials and programs everywhere sensuality is portrayed in size zero jeans with little left to the imagination. Fast food commercials portray thin women washing cars in bathing suits to sell their products, and it works, but how do men process this information? A mans senses hit the roof bombarded with accelerated hearts rates and sensory overload where at the base of it all lies a thin woman in a bikini. Have men become accustomed to this sort of propaganda that they are easily swayed into believing that they are attracted to these women? If one of these women were standing right in front of them, fifty pounds heavier or twenty pounds lighter, would the attraction remain. Many would say that the answer is No, leaving women to believe that men choose mates based on their weight.

Through out history weight has remained a substantial factor in sizing up the opposite sex. Look at the Venus Di Milo with her feminine curves and soft lines. Classical art would have us believe that she is the epitome of XY beauty. Full figures used to be a sign of dignity and social status. While less privileged women worked their hands to the bone, women of greater status flaunted the fortunes of a healthier lifestyle. Men openly proclaimed their attraction to women of such status. Even the great Marilyn Monroe was a size eight, which by todays standards, would make for a plus sized model yet she is herald as one of the most attractive women to date. Still these figures of history were then, and still are, considered timeless with men of all generations expressing appreciation for the natural feminine form.

So why do men love the rounder figured women? Scientific and anthropological research would have us believe this instinct traces back to the primal laws of attraction. If our motivation as a species is to promote the survival of the species, then it stands to reason, that we are attracted to reproductive attributes. The hips of a woman help to tell in an instinctual language of the ability to bear healthy offspring. While narrow hips have often been a source of complication for reproduction that would primitively have led to the demise of both mother and child, wider and fuller hips, leaving room for safe passage, would have been considered ideal for efficiency on a reproductive level. Likewise, a fuller chest represents nourishment of child to ensure their survival more than that of their snack sized comparisons.

So why are women dieting so severely to attract men? Everywhere you turn there is the latest round of magical weight loss anecdotes that promise the head turning results of a slender body. Women jump on these solutions clinging to the false hope of seductive results. These scams are appealing to them because of the lifestyles they promote. Women who grab these fads from the shelf walk to the checkout stand with images of beach volley ball and romantic dinners swirling through their sub conscious. Because women believe, that men believe, that weight is important and why not? On every Trim Spa commercial I have seen there is a testimonial from some lonely, post overweight, woman who rants about her new found popularity and self confidence. Women hear "men love women who are skinny" and they believe this.

So do men. If we take the media attribution into consideration we can see flashing across our minds the repetitive coaxing that men lust for skinny women. If skinny women are all that are portrayed in this fashion then what do men have to compare it to. With men being visually stimulated and thin women be splattered across networks for ratings, men see more thin women in a seductive manner. Men believe this is what they are attracted to, but the attraction is superficial at best as are the assumptions that spring from it.

Take away the media. Take away the propaganda and talk to a man. The views of sensuality are still primitively based on weight but differ drastically from the standard.

I could have fun with a girl of any size, especially one that is "otherwise wonderful" as you say. Now if you ask, would I marry her? Probably not, because if I didn't find her physically attractive, there would always be something missing there, one thirty two year old male stated emphasizing weight as a standard for physical attraction.

I am attracted to fairly active women that respect their bodies. There are plenty of women that fit this but do not quite fit the contemporary definition of 'thin' yet another stated.

no contest. I've often heard of men leering at a woman's curves. Never head one say 'Phwoar, look at the ribs on that!' a thirty one year old male concluded.

Although we cannot universally define the standard of weight that men are attracted to for various reasons, we can conclude that weight does indeed play a significant role when considering the opposite sex. Whether the cause is primal seduction or that of the media one thing is for sure, women need to watch their weight.

Critique ME!

ThatGirl

I just realized that was all over the place and I left out the health aspect of chubs vs skinny

time to revise