User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Ok, I just have to lol at the pairing of Victor's and ThatGirl's posts. Pretty sure Victor was serious about what he posted and that in itself was entertaining. ThatGirl's response to that was exactly what I was thinking so that adds to the hilarity.

I think you already have a decent basis you just have to, as Udog said, flex your BS muscles. You're an ENTP, get in touch with that Ne and run with it.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThatGirl

I am thinking to broaden the thesis.

Men choose women based on their weight

That way I can get the five sub topics out of it

1) attraction based on health
    2) mens view of skinny women
    3) mens view of chubby woman
    4) the emphasis on weight and sex in the media
    5) Opinions from men would you date an otherwise wonderful woman if she were overly chubby/skinny

For number five if anyone wants to contribute personal views that I could quote in my paper, please leave your age and gender for me. I would also like to hear womans views on what they think men are attracted to size wise.

Thanks

MBTI
    infp

"What?"

Hilarious!!!!

Ok, so a few things you should do before asking us or even writing anything:

You need to define what a "skinny" women is, give one or more prototypical examples, and use other measures like BMI or whatever so that it is clear to everyone, including yourself and the professor, what a "skinny women" verse a "heavier women" is. Do the same for heavier women in regards to prototypical examples and BMI and other measurements, ect.

Because otherwise I'm not sure what you mean; how skinny, how heavy, ect?

ThatGirl

I am not supposed to research or rather this is not supposed to be "scientific". Perhaps it would be helpful to get a public opinion of what they consider skinny vs chubs

MBTI
    infp

Thats a really good idea then. I wasn't trying to be scientific, I was just thinking that without a clear idea of what "skinny" verse "heavy" is, the answers people give would be inconsistent with eachother, and comparing them would be difficult and possibly meaningless.

But having everyone define what chubby and skinny are on their own and then letting them say what is more attractive is a way cooler idea, it will give better insight into culture and everything.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

My opinion is: You should come up with a thesis more based on reality. No, I'm not being sarcastic.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    5) Opinions from men would you date an otherwise wonderful woman if she were overly chubby/skinny

For number five if anyone wants to contribute personal views that I could quote in my paper, please leave your age and gender for me.
    32, male

Yes, I would, because I could have fun with a girl of any size, especially one that is "otherwise wonderful" as you say. Now if you ask, would I marry her? Probably not, because if I didn't find her physically attractive, there would always be something missing there, and it wouldn't be fair to either of us to try to force it.

Now, keep in mind, my definition of "overly chubby" might be different than another guy's. Some guys see a bit of flab and call a girl fat. To me, there's got to be a lot more extra fat than that for me to find her unattractive.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Ok so I need to write an essay paper and I have decided that my thesis would be that guys find heavier women more attractive than skinny women.

Any opinions for me?
    Yeah, you're wrong.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    My opinion is: You should come up with a thesis more based on reality. No, I'm not being sarcastic.
    I dont get this teacher he walks some fine line between fact and opinion and I cant zero in or what the heck he wants.

I would have done better with the simple instruction of write a paper by thursday any paper at all.

I almost made my thesis on:

The sophisticated fighter

Aka: Does education boost intelligence

Research has shown that individual IQ's do not change drastically over a life time so why do people view educated people as intelligent. It is not because they are brighter but that have learned to move their thoughts in a way acceptable to other educated people.

But I thought that would subconsiously piss the teacher off somehow.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    32, male

Yes, I would, because I could have fun with a girl of any size, especially one that is "otherwise wonderful" as you say. Now if you ask, would I marry her? Probably not, because if I didn't find her physically attractive, there would always be something missing there, and it wouldn't be fair to either of us to try to force it.

Now, keep in mind, my definition of "overly chubby" might be different than another guy's. Some guys see a bit of flab and call a girl fat. To me, there's got to be a lot more extra fat than that for me to find her unattractive.
    Thank you jeffster