User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Question for conservative people

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Social or fiscal?!
    I'm thinking social, since the OP mentions "values".
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Alas no, but as I go for a walk at night, I notice the cats sitting in their windows looking at me. I slowly approach the window until only a pane of glass separates us.

Some of them hiss at me. Some of them play with me. And some of them ignore me.

Of course it is exactly the same on MBTI Central - I slowly approach the pane of glass on my new iMac until I know you are just on the other side. And some of you, alas, hiss at me. Some of you play with me. And some of you ignore me. Just like the window cats.

I haven't seen anyone with a nazi cat avatar but I expect to see a nazi cat staring back at me the next time I look in a window, separated by the merest pane of glass.

You're weird.

Like your sentence spacing.

Rock on.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Default Weird

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    You're weird.

Like your sentence spacing.

Rock on.
    G'day Iwakar,

Yes, my hero is Dennis Weir. And even his friends call him, "weird". Of course it could just be his name but it could also be because he is a trance designer.

But he is more than a trance designer he also has a Trance Theory which purports to explain trance. And interestingly his Trance Theory is falsifiable. You can meet him in The Trance Institute

And yes, my sentence spacing is called Telegraphic Prose.

It is a form of prose that arrives after the Age of Literacy and at the beginning of the Electronic Age.

Telegraphic Prose is electronically typed and is transmitted to you electronically. And you are now reading me electronically.

Dare I say, Telegraphic Prose is the prose of the Noosphere. And the Noosphere is the Electronic Age, also called the Global Village or the New Tribalism. And here we are, you and I, social networking in the New Tribe of MBTI Central.

And frankly, I can't see any difference between my neighbour's cat looking at me through a pane of glass, and you, looking at me through the screen in front of you.

But neither the window cats nor Hmm will come swimming with me in my favourite ocean pool -

Flickr Photo Download: Mahon Pool 20 June, Maroubra, NSW Australia

Will you come swimming with me?

Senior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Hey baby, baby - why I'm I conservative? Why am I conservative?

Once I was a nice bloke like yourself, minding my own business, trusting in the goodness of others, then I got mugged by reality, mate.

I put the blame entirely on the shoulders of reality - some say the Devil made them do it - but, mate I blame reality.

I was mugged, mate, mugged by reality.

And once mugged, twice shy.
    That's pretty sad.

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    That's pretty sad.
    Think of the advantages of being conservative.

I am no longer a mug.

And I'm not scammed by Mrs Briggs and her daughter Mrs Myers.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on

And to understand the internet click on

Enter the Maelstrom with Marshall McLuhan by clicking on