User Tag List

MBTI
    type

Default Celebrating the Rich Inner Life

Quote Originally Posted by laughing dolphin View Post
    And just wondering if anyone else tends to randomly go off into creating stories, just because they're in your head...
    I spend so much time in my head sometimes I need a check - do others think this way or is it me?
    LD
    I do to an extent, but usually I have a couple long, convoluted epics running that I add onto. Eventually, after months or years, they sometimes trickle into the computer (but they have a better chance if they're poems.)

Anyone else got a rich inner life of stories?

(Or, care to join Haight's passion?)
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

I will sometimes create scenes in my head based on some sort of recent event on hand, and I've written the dialogue to some of them down when I've had the chance... but it's a lot of effort to try to continue them while keeping the sincerity, so they're always very brief and fleeting.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Only ones that are soap opera-esque or about some sort of adventure..in the jungle, the city as an ant, or something.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFP

Very often, and normally I project myself into them in some way as well, as I want to take part in the fun.

MBTI
    INTJ

Yep, and I star in all of them. And there's tonnes of sex.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes...I like to visit other fictional worlds in my head or go on adventures. Unfortunately, everytime I visit a fictional world, I end up explaining to the inhabitants our ways of life in this world and how humans work...the unfortunate part of this is that I end up spending more time blabbing about how people tick and less time going on an adventure.

MBTI
    type

I was in a class of over twenty where there were just three of us introverts. The Introverted Intuitive and I (Introverted Thinking) started comparing notes on dealing with the very extraverted experience.

She was frazzled. I was not. She wondered why I was doing so well; to be honest, so did I.

I started paying attention to my head and realized that every hour or so I would zone out, thinking very intently about what I was learning. When I mentioned this to her, she admitted that she was having problems doing something similar.

I can't say I really garnered any interesting insights into the retreat into the inner life, tho. I'm just more aware of when I'm "dreaming of Babylon" and I'm even more reluctant to get back to the here&now.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    I was in a class of over twenty where there were just three of us introverts. The Introverted Intuitive and I (Introverted Thinking) started comparing notes on dealing with the very extraverted experience.

She was frazzled. I was not. She wondered why I was doing so well; to be honest, so did I.

I started paying attention to my head and realized that every hour or so I would zone out, thinking very intently about what I was learning. When I mentioned this to her, she admitted that she was having problems doing something similar.
    Do you think this had anything to do with the difference between Ne and Ni... and whether the judging process was introverted or extraverted?

Those with an extraverted process organize instinctively on the outside, but in real-time in a class I can see that as more difficult. Those with an introverted judging are extraverted perceiving and are good at gathering info and then processing it quickly internally... which is the very thing you said you did in this class.

I'm even more reluctant to get back to the here&now.
    Poor HAN. You'll vex him so.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you think this had anything to do with the difference between Ne and Ni... and whether the judging process was introverted or extraverted?

Those with an extraverted process organize instinctively on the outside, but in real-time in a class I can see that as more difficult. Those with an introverted judging are extraverted perceiving and are good at gathering info and then processing it quickly internally... which is the very thing you said you did in this class.
    Yeah, that was what we decided. I've wondered since then if that's a commonality for Ni Dominants (and a lesser prob for Ni aux.). I tell you--it's changed the way I think about structuring breaks in classes/lectures.

I could tell she was having problems--her eyes were all glazed. I felt bad for her. Except, this was the MBTI qualifying class--I was so happy to be there I was vibrating into duplicates!
    Poor HAN. You'll vex him so.
    I think he'll survive.

Well, I'll tell you, from this INFJ's point of view, if I have too much information thrown at me, I get caught up in trying to process it, throw meaning on it, rather than taking notes (as I should do, knowing my horrible memory for facts)....and when I look back at my notes I often find that they are half-written...I cut off when something new catches my attention. I know this about myself (my inability to pay attention to everything), so I try to just listen and "bullet" what comes down the pike that's important.

I've often wondered why I have to concentrate so very hard in certain situations, and it seems that my "inner life" takes over at the slightest inattention to the subject at hand.