User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    INTP

So far, we've gotten about an inch of rain since 5:30 pm. Most of it came within an hour of setting out the rain gage. From then, we received very little rain until now (11:45 pm), but it has just started raining hard again. No significant wind, but the clouds are going nuts overhead, so you know it's coming.

I love hurricanes.

My grandma called me earlier to make sure I was prepared. Me and my immediate family all used to live in Florida, so we've been through the drill plenty of times. We even had a system worked out -- Cat. 1 or 2, we stay. Cat. 3, we stay alert and evacuate if we will be close to the worst of the storm. Cat. 4 or 5, we evacuate. According to family lore, the second half of the storm is always the worst.

MBTI
    INTP

Update

1:40 am - 2.5 inches of rain
    Lightning observed. Rain gage dumped. Basement sump is cutting on once every minute or two.

This is more for my own reference than for anything yall would find useful. I'm going to sleep.

Anyone want to start a death pool on New Orleans?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Wow. I told them they should have relocated the whole damn city. Well not them, but a couple people in Kansas.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Do you have a management company that minds it when no one is there that could possibly stop by? I am assuming when you say new holiday cottage, that this is a recently acquired property?

Here's a good tracker for all three storms. If you click on browse, then category five storms, you can view the paths of all past cat 5's (very cool). I've got my eye on Ms. Josephine for next weekend. I hope she heads elsewhere or we may be postponing our trip.
    Just had it built over the last year or so. Know enough people close to it who'll keep an eye on it

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Just had it built over the last year or so. Know enough people close to it who'll keep an eye on it
    Oh, Thank God.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Oh, Thank God.
    I could tell you were worried. Wouldnt like you to be sleepless or anything with concern over my second home

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Wow. I told them they should have relocated the whole damn city. Well not them, but a couple people in Kansas.
    Oh, come on! Building a city below sea level, right by the ocean...that requires a special kind of genius.

MBTI
    ISTx

Thumbs down

This crap is weak. Its nearing 11am and there's no rain but just wind (a harsh breeze). Apparently we're still pretty much confined to the base and ideally our barracks. I've seen T-storms twice as bad as this.

Let me off the base, dammit!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We had massive amounts of rain (haven't checked to see how much exactly, but it was making rivulets in the yard and street) and the power was out for an hour or so. Oh, and the dog got scared. But other than that, no big whoop.

That's pretty scary about Ike- especially when they just evacuated last week for Gustav, right?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii