User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ghost Stories (and Other Tales of the Uncanny)

Senior Member Array WobblyStilettos's Avatar

Ok, I'm coming to realise now that I have waaaaaaaaaaay too many spooky stories to tell xD but here's another

Right, so one night sometime last year I had the worst nightmare of my life. All that happened in it was I walked down the drive to my house, and I saw someone in the farmyard between my house and my gran and grandad's. There are always people I know in that yard (I have a close and v large extended family) so I called out to her. She turned round slowly and just stared at me, and for some reason her face just terrified me and I couldn't move, and I tried to scream but nothing came out, and the scene sorta turned dark and bluey purple. The next night I was thinking about this dream and trying to work out what scared me so much, and suddenly her face flashed up in my mind and I actually nearly screamed!

At some point in the following week, I overheard my twin sister complaining about a recurring nightmare she's been having. I asked her to describe it to me. She said that in this dream she came down the stairs into the kitchen (where the back door is, so that's where I was heading in /my/ dream) and she saw a group of people there (I think she said they included like my mum and dad) with a strange woman. At this point in the dream, my sister would always burst into tears at the sight of this woman, but she couldn't work out why. The woman would then say "So you remember me then?".

Naturally, I was quite freaked out by this, so I asked her to describe the woman in her dream and I would describe the one in mine.

Yep, they matched.
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

"The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.