User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Damn, I want to spend a couple days in a house like Wobbly's just to test the limits of my own perceptions
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, the sound of ghost kids laughing would freak me RIGHT OUT. I've always been fascinated by paranormal stuff. I think I'd have a heart attack if anything happened directly to me, though.

Something kinda strange happened to me when I was visiting my parents last week, though. My dad was out of town, but due to come back any minute, and I'd been out walking, and it had just gotten dark. The neighbor's Chow/Golden mix had been walking with me. I finished walking and came into the garage, where we have an extra freezer in a room to the side. So I was looking for something to eat, and I heard my dad's voice say, "Heeeeeeey!" (Which he likes to do sometimes to startle me.) I was all, "HOLY CRAP!" and looked around, but he still hadn't come back from his trip. Really freaked me out. The only explanation I have is that the dog had stopped short of the garage door and was whimpering to get me to come back out. *shrugs* It really did sound like a person, though.

MBTI
    INFP

Wobbly, we live in an old Victorian also and many unusual things happened here for the first twenty years we lived here.

The closet door in my son's bedroom would open at night. He told me there was a ghost in the room and would sometimes call me in the night to come close it. This was when he was still sleeping in a crib. I asked him if he were frightened and he said, "No I just say, "Hi, ghost."

His room, while insulated, has always been the coldest room in the house.

Under his room is a staircase which turns three times. Several times while walking upstairs I've had the sensation or walking into an ice cold wall. It would stop me dead in my tracks. Nearly like being slapped upside the head!

I didn't mention it to anyone, for obvious reasons, but through the years both my daughter and my mother have mentioned sensing something cold on the stairway.

That same part of the house has, in the past, had cool breezes strong enough to flicker candlights, though we have new windows and have insulated. Something about the staircase?

And after my daughter came off the road after a couple of years of traveling with various odds and ends of rainbow people many strange occurrences happened. She no longer lived with us but had spent several nights at home while she reestablished residence.

After that things kept moving and disappearing although I was the only one home during the day. I liked to think she had brought a polltergeist spirit of a runaway, throwaway kid home with her.

A cross I had on the wall in the bedroom would be on the floor. I'd hang it back up. Next time I passed it would be on the floor again. I got irritated enough that I finally put it in the dresser drawer.

One day my mom and I were sitting at the kitchen table and a cupboard door which had been unlatched opened. And two candles SHOT out of the cupboard and landed on the floor all the way acros the room!

Mom jumped and said, "What was THAT?" I was glad she had experienced something of what I had been observing for a few weeks.

Later that week I went to the grocery store and things started falling off the shelves after I'd walk by them. First a package of toilet paper. I went back and picked it up. Then a roll of paper towels. I did the same.

When I walked down the soup aisle, two cans of tomato soup fell off. That was it! I telepathed, "No way are you coming back home with me, Kid. Find a ride."

It stopped.

*Assumes best Jack Palance stance and intones, "Believe it, (gasp for air) or not!"
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Do only Ens have this experience? I think not.

My exceedingly stable husband has reported to me of seeing deceased pet kitties sometimes.

Persistence of memory?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

I feel like posting some more

Again when me and my sis were little (are little people more likely to believe what they 'see'?) we pointed out the cows in the field where there had been none since before we were born.

My mum passed on a load of dolls to me that her uncle gave to her as he used to travel around the world. One was a beefeater. Whenever I put that f***ing doll up on a shelf, it falls off and its head comes off. Not always straight away, sometimes it waits a month or so, but even when I have secured the head on it comes off! The last time it fell off was in teh middle of the night and I was so freaked out I had to get my parents to come adn remove it. Same thing happens/ed with a beefeater fridge magnet, it falls and the head comes off
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Under his room is a staircase which turns three times. Several times while walking upstairs I've had the sensation or walking into an ice cold wall. It would stop me dead in my tracks. Nearly like being slapped upside the head!
    We have a similar thing, except it's not cold it kinda feels like the air is very heavy, if that makes sense? It's kinda like -NFness alert- despair suspended in the house, the air feels all thick and you know how sometimes in dreams it's hard to get yourself to move? It's just like that. We actually had the leaders from our local churches round to deal with it!
    Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling into at night. I miss you like hell. ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

MBTI
    INFP

I have this thought that children "see" more than adults do.

Then we send them to school and drive all the "nonsense" out of their dear little heads and teach them that what's really important in life is money, facts and figures and "getting ahead."

They learn to deny possibilites of the intangible.

MBTI
    INFP

When they tore down the old state security hospital my husband was in charge of some of the demo. He asked me if I'd like a peek at what few sane people ever got to see.

I did.

I wish I hadn't. You could almost hear the centuries of howling.

MBTI
    XNXP

As a sophomore uni student I painted a pic on canvas of a scary guy that had been appearing in my dreams fairly regularly.

The scary guy had told me that we would meet 12 times, and that I would stay with him in the dream on that 12th time, and thus "die" to this world. He also said that each time I saw him would be the only reminder of this, because I would always forget him prior to waking...until the next time... when I would remember him all over again, and realize I was now, once again, a further step closer to being trapped forever.

The painting was pretty scary. My roommate in the college dorm insisted that I put it under our bunk beds, as he claimed it seemed to be "looking" at him. I woke him up one night while talking in my sleep or something. He told me that he had never been so glad to be awakened in the middle of the night, as he had encountered the being from my painting and his wife !

That was the end of it, though. Did I somehow pass the bad guy off on to Tim, or am I continuing to see him but forgetting ? ( There is no explanation about how I was able to remember him to paint him. )

Perhaps he didn't realize he was dealing with Kuranes, king of dreams...

I have one other "scary" painting with an actual history; this one done by an unknown artist from the 1950's, and found, by some friends of mine, in a crawlspace that had been sealed for decades. ( They were renovating or spring cleaning. ) Believe it or not, there were subsequent complaints about the guy appearing in people's nightmares. That was how I came to acquire it. One friend was told by his buddies to throw it out. He said "I know just who would want it."

My other weird paintings have no history.....
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    INTP

This is not an incident of a haunting (of which I have many) but of a dream I had ten years ago which, until this day, I can remember as vividly as if I'd just had it. Keep in mind I was 19 years old, living with my g/f in Oregon (I've lived on the east coast my entire life and never even heard of the town when I moved there about two months earlier) with absolutely no interest (or belief) in vampires, churches or Armenia whatsoever.

In the dream I was walking home from my job (exactly as I did in real life every night). It was winter so it was damp and foggy after a rain. A few blocks up and I come across this young woman dressed very elegantly. Heavy, red velvet cloak and brown hand muff. She had huge doe eyes and blond hair pinned up with a few curled strands in her face.

She looks very out of place and I ask if she's lost and she explains she's looking for a particular church on 13th street and I offered to walk her there. We arrive and I find it odd that the church is abandoned and in quite a state of disrepair. I remember what it looked like exactly down to the last detail. Anyway, we go inside and she asks me to sit down. It was specifically in those seats to the side of the dais, where the altar boys normally sit.

She excuses herself for a few moments and all of a sudden I see people coming out of the shadows, down the walls, from the ceilings and other parts of the church and one tall, slender kid with long brown hair grabs my arm and asks if I'm ready. At this point I know what he's referring to, and I'm a little rattled and ask if I can go get my g/f first and bring her here.

At that point in the dream I wake up. I'm in my bed and it's REALLY freakin' bright (our bed was right under the bedroom window). My g/f left for work already so I got up with a splitting headache and stumbled into the bathroom. I walk over to the sink and get a horrible pain in my mouth and move my lips apart and notice fangs growing from my upper gums. Then I wake up for real.

Aside from being badgered by my g/f why I kept asking over and over for some woman named Greta in my sleep, I never mentioned to her (or anyone else) that as I was waking up for real, the name/word Sewan kept playing over again and again in my head.

On a whim I looked it up and found this:

Sevan Monastery

I also found out that there was once a church at the address in my dream.

Never really found any correlation beyond that though. nor any reference to a woman named Greta in connection with the Monastery.
    I know a girl, she's one of a kind
    But the poor little thing, she's going out of her mind
    There's something you forgot - there's a reason why she's lost
    Cos baby she don't want to be found