User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Martian Manifesto View Post
    Not trying to in any way lessen your experience. Just saying it's not just California.
    Yeah, I agree. I hope your mom is okay, but at least you don't have the cops getting into running gun fights with bank robbers through the streets of your town, kids with Kalashnikovs setting up road blocks to shake down motorists, or the fucking United States Navy shelling the people who live in low income areas of your country. These have all been issues in remote places I've lived.

I used to live in a city known for the astounding rate of murder that takes place there. So, just be glad you mom made it back home okay. Seriously, Rochester NY has a murder rate that's over four times the per capita rate of NYC. It's mostly clustered in just a few parts of town, but it's still kinda scary. The Bay Area is mostly pretty safe by comparison (note: this said by someone who will probably be living in safe-ass Sunnyvale)

Upside: you're much less likely to get mugged there. They generally just shoot you and then take the valuable stuff off the dead body.

MBTI
    yupp

my dad was picked pocketed getting on the el in chicago a few years back. the pickpocket plowed into him and knocked him down he ended up injuring his shoulder. luckily someone on the train noticed what had happened, so pulled the emergency stop were able to call the police and get all the credit cards cancelled before they could figure out the pin. They had already tried to use the bank card a few times but didn't figure out the pin. I'm saying muggings and robberies can happen anywhere, that it is illogical to hate a place just on that; now if you're getting mugged all the time then yeah hate it. But it makes no sense to me to hate a place cuz of one incident.

though he still refuses to ride the el and buses unless absolutely nesseceary.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFP

Lol, I think I started this nice little troll of bad incidents reports in this thread so I would like to take the time to say sorry for filling your thread with sad reports...

Also, just to outtop all these mugs and get everyone to be quiet, I lived in the westbank terretorries for three years... So top that compton.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    my dad was picked pocketed getting on the el in chicago a few years back. the pickpocket plowed into him and knocked him down he ended up injuring his shoulder. luckily someone on the train noticed what had happened, so pulled the emergency stop were able to call the police and get all the credit cards cancelled before they could figure out the pin. They had already tried to use the bank card a few times but didn't figure out the pin. I'm saying muggings and robberies can happen anywhere, that it is illogical to hate a place just on that; now if you're getting mugged all the time then yeah hate it. But it makes no sense to me to hate a place cuz of one incident.

though he still refuses to ride the el and buses unless absolutely nesseceary.
    I know it's illogical to hate a place just for that.
    I don't really hate California.
    I just needed a title for a thread.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    If you have no love for California, you do not know the California I know.
    No. I actually really like it too.
    What I hated was what happened to my mom.
    I should have said "I hate muggings" or something like that instead.