User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    "The Circus" is hilarious. The little fuzzy monkeys attacking him on the high wire.... Ah me...
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I hate clowns!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Chaplin
    I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.

Careful naw, ya'hear.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by colmena View Post
    Careful naw, ya'hear.
    *eats Colmena's rasta hat*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's lots of people I love and admire, but probly no one more than my mom. She put up with three crazy sons who would gang up on her way too much, and she has time and time again set aside her own wants to spend time, money, and energy on making sure me and my son are doing okay. She has helped me in so many ways that I cannot possibly repay, and I only try to do what I always do, and that's show my appreciation in whatever ways I can. She is my biggest example of unconditional love, and if I can show it half as much as her, I will consider myself a success as a father.

Oh yeah, she's INFJ and her sons INTP, ISFP, and ISTP. Is it any wonder we drive her nuts?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    GONE

Hmm, admire yes. "Love" as in "I love pasta!" or "I love her work" -- Julie Taymor and Kate Bush! Visionaries and pioneers who did the damn thing. 'Cause it's hard to be original.

Love and admire in another deeper way - Iris Chang. If the world were a better place there would be no need for heroes like her. Hero is such an overused word but I admire her courage, resoluteness, and the work she did deeply. That ish was hard and it ultimately consumed her. But the fact she pushed through so much and accomplished what she did through sheer will and belief in what she was doing and caring so deeply about others' pain and changing something...um I'm not very articulate right now but, yeah, she's the one 'public figure' I truly identify with and admire.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I wanted to mention Abdul Sattar Edhi. I read about him in Natl Geog.

"While the military accounts for a quarter of the national budget, less than 3 percent is spent on education, health, and public welfare. And so Edhi still tends to Pakistan's dirty work, body by body. His one-man charity is now an acclaimed international foundation. His single, beat-up old station wagon has grown into a fleet of 1,380 little white ambulances positioned across Pakistan, tended by thousands of volunteers. They are usually first to arrive on the scene of any tragedy. In May 2002, when police found the remains of Daniel Pearl, the Wall Street Journal reporter murdered in Karachi, it was Edhi who gently collected the body parts, all ten, and took Daniel Pearl to the morgue."
    "I'm a Muslim, but my true religion is human rights."
    He also takes abandoned babies, mostly girls, of all races and religions, and raises them himself. The girls are educated, given dowries and honorably married in a chapel he built. He really touched me. I think what got me the most was the old baby crib at the foot of the stairs with the sign on it that read: "Don't kill your baby."
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    infp

I admire a guy who lived down the street from me. I've known him my whole life, he's four or five years older than me. He's 21 now, but in his teens he went through extreme angst and near-suicide, but now he's an amazing person. He would (and probably still does) get in a lot of fights, and he did/does a lot of drugs, but he's starting to rise above it all and "grow up" a lot. I admire him because despite his personal issues he is still an outstanding person with real values that he lives by. He's the nicest person in the world, very intelligent, but the minute you threaten him or one of his friends, he'll kick your ass. I admire the loyalty more than the brute violence. He really appreciates people around him who are good. I'm just really impressed with the person he is becoming, bassically.

I admire my parents. Seriously, both of them. I also admire my cousins and brother and sister. There are also many friends I admire.

But since nobody else on the forum knows them, perhaps I should think of some "famous" people:
    Mahatma Gandhi
    The Dalai Lama
    Srinivasa Ramanujan
    Albert Einstein
    Emmy Noether
    Nikola Tesla
    Richard Feynman
    Stephen Hawking
    Gordon Moore
    Robert Noyce
    Vint Cerf
    Grace Hopper
    Larry Wall
    James Gosling
    Monica S. Lam
    Bob Widlar
    Dean Kamen
    Thomas H. Lee
    Claude Shannon
    Harry Nyquist
    Harry Black
    Edwin Armstrong
    Francis Crick
    John Bardeen

I can go on like this, but you probably detected a theme.

Note: I don't "love" any of the famous people. But I do admire them. I love and admire the people I know personally.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Soren Kierkegaard. Probably the philosopher whom I admire the most, followed by John Rawls.

Linus Pauling. Probably my first scientific hero - oh wait, no. That was Albert Schweitzer. But chemistry was my first love, and with that followed Linus Pauling - he was both smart and idealistic, someone whom I look up to immensely. Plus, the work that he's done spans all 3 main areas of science, from molecular biology to structural biology (X-ray crystallography) to fundamental chemistry to quantum mechanics. I sincerely doubt that there has been (or ever will be again) as broadly influential and important a scientist as him.

From my lab - M, who's an incredible teacher and mentor. L, for being amazingly smart, interesting, witty and yet humble. K, for being just so damned competent.

Joss Whedon. Because he is completely lovely and sexy and so much more.
    YouTube - Joss Whedon's Equality Now speech

MBTI
    ENTP

Peter Abelard and St Francis of Assisi. And in the same way but to a lesser extent, Martin Luther. Because they perceived a need for a point to be made, for integrity to be shown and lived by and they went all the way in walking the walk, wouldn't be stopped. They were all incorrigible, just like me

I say a lesser extent for ML because I don't actually agree with his theology, but I totally admire his courage and determination in sticking by his convictions. The other two seem to be saying to me "This is how to be an ENxP properly."
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Howard Hughes.

Oh, and myself.