12 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default What a Croc (article)

This has got to be one of the funniest things (and in one spot, bittersweet) I have read for a long long time -- and in Newsweek, no less.

I wish I had seen the original article he wrote, I'll have to look it up.
    (Edit: I did find and read it, not quite as succinct and tight as this one, but still humorous.)

A CROC OF … WIT
    Readers lash a rant against the popular rubber clog

Steve Tuttle

Over the last couple of weeks I've received at least five marriage proposals and a couple of death threats. One guy told me he wanted to shoot me. Another thought a knife would be best. I was called a bad father and a wonderful, caring man. Several women admitted their undying love for me, and several men wanted to do something to me with a shoe that is anatomically impossible. At least one person thinks I'm "friggin' hilarious." But many, many more have concluded that I am an "idiot," a "dork" and a "loser."

My crime? I wrote an essay for NEWSWEEK in which I said that I sorta, kinda, maybe don't like Crocs shoes all that much. OK, I said I hated them and that people who wear them are dorky. It was an Ed Anger-style rant for a lazy August afternoon, intended to brighten the Friday of our Web readers and maybe make them chuckle a little. I had hoped a few people who noticed the story would even leave a quick comment.

I had no idea what I was in for....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

ROFL! I just got my daughter a pair of those last week. Whilst I don't really think her choice of colour was what I'd have picked, I have to admit they're pretty practical...

even if she does now look like she has radioactive feet...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    istp

im tempted to wear them just because they look awful

MBTI
    INTP

I wear them all of the time. I even have a black pair for more formal occasions.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

lol, I just never bought a pair, I wasn't really sure whether I liked them.... but they're everywhere!

sigh. I wish I had thought of inventing them.

Oh yeah -- BryNTP, cough up some pics, I wanna see the ev-i-dence. *taps toe*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I remember Mac writing an entire encomium on them on INTPc over a year ago...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Wearing my crocs gives me this great heroic feeling I am some sort of a martyr (with comfortable shoes ).
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh yeah -- BryNTP, cough up some pics, I wanna see the ev-i-dence. *taps toe*
    Can't you just take me at my word? In such a cynical world, stand out from the crowd.

My kids all have them too. Except theirs have more jibbitz showing than rubber.

*note - jibbitz are little "buttons" that were invented just for wearing on crocs. Flags, flowers, bugs, what have you.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

... from my cold dead feet ...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like my crocs, my pirate monkey jibbet, and it's no news to me that I'm dorky.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers