User Tag List

First 123

Thread: Rookies on MBTI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstellacat View Post
    I lurked here for a while before joining. I have seen that people get a little snippy with each other sometimes, but I felt a little bothered to have someone correct my grammer in a post yesterday. I mean, hell... it was just a discussion of favorite movie scenes...

I wasn't really sure if I should feel picked on. Was it because I'm new or are there really people that would be intensely bothered by my using a different word to describe **MY** observation than they would have chosen?

I don't think I'm all that offended but I am wondering if this is something normal around here that I should get used to.
    you said what i should have said a couple of posts back

exactly how i feel

I think its an XNTP vs XNFP difference. the XNTPs tend to want to shake things up (nothing wrong with that, good for them) and the XNFPs dont quite know what to think about it. a good chunk of the time the XNTPs are just having fun in their own way.

at least thats how i see it

I can't be sure, but I don't think it has to do with your status here.

As for settling in here in general, the best thing to do is just to say what you have to say without worrying so much about whether people accept you. People enjoy sincerity and self-confidence and you'll integrate yourself naturally. If you do happen to worry about it, no big deal, it'll wear off eventually. Injecting some humor into the situation (your unsureness) won't hurt either, and it is kinda comical.
    good advice, thank you
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    no lol
    No Newb... Seriously Shut up.... I am sick and tired of reading stupid remarks by immature newbs...

See the problem here is that we don't have a font for sarcasm... When ever I get an insult like this (I never got one that rude, only got snappy remarks) I take it as a joke. I am pretty sure most (99%) of the people here mean you no harm at all, even if they correct your grammar (which is a common trait of many forum elitests everywhere). The grammar nazi's give up quick... when they have to deal with people like me who seem totally oblivious to the fact that they can't string up the most simplest of sentances in their own language. Anyway, what I am trying to get at is take everything as entertainment only as if you were out socializing with friends (friends that are incapable of offending you that is). Also, if someone happens to offend you, PM them and let them know, I promise you that 99.9% of the time it was not intended, unless the person that offended you was an INTJ, in which case it is always intended to hurt (the last bit was sarcastic).

oh from now on, green italic will be my sarcasm font... which I know will take the fun out of it, if it has to be so obvious.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

lol i actually found that to be sarcastic, especially considering your an ENFP

thanks for the encouragement btw, I appriciate it

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

I do wonder how long people keep the "rooky" label here?
    Does it depend on time spent here?
    On posts?
    On popularity?
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i just look at the title under the name. so post count in that case. course, this is my third day on and this will be my 185th post (ya i know, no comment).

Mahatma Gandhi

MBTI
    INXP

I think it's when one stops posting shit/FA, and starts to get a feel for the other members.

I cater to the person I'm interacting with.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I have done no tests and rely on other people to type me.

This has worked out really well.

My first type was by someone who really didn't like me and they gave me a wonderful type - something I would never have guessed myself - and something I would never find on a test.

The truth is your enemies know you better than your friends and your enemies are the more truthful - you can rely on your enemies to tell the truth, while your friends will save your feelings.

My next two types were by fair minded individuals and the types were almost identical. So I am trying one after the other to see how they fit.

Of course the nicest thing you could do for me would be to tell me what type you think I am.
    Wait, which one was I? A friend or an enemy?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I can't be sure, but I don't think it has to do with your status here.

As for settling in here in general, the best thing to do is just to say what you have to say without worrying so much about whether people accept you. People enjoy sincerity and self-confidence and you'll integrate yourself naturally. If you do happen to worry about it, no big deal, it'll wear off eventually. Injecting some humor into the situation (your unsureness) won't hurt either, and it is kinda comical.
    Don't listen to him, it's a trap!!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel