User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    That not emoting all over the place is attributable to a deficiency in recognizing and understanding complex emotions rather than to a plain old disdain for such emoting.
    I think this is our old friend projection at work again though. Because most people hate/fear what they don't understand, they assume that if you dislike something that they like, then it must be because you don't understand it.

A lot of people struggle - really STRUGGLE - with the concept of someone having looked at all the same information as they have, completely understood it, and yet reached a different conclusion. I call them fundamentalists
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    epyT

ENTPs...

I've been called out of control and/or crazy, but am in good control of myself (at least I hope).

I just like to surprise people, shock people, etc.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Here are the biggest misunderstandings that bother me:

I hate when people assume that just because I am F-dominant, I am irrational and don't have any order behind my choices. F is a judging process! It organizes things, even if it does so using a different method than the T. It isn't nonsensical or random. There are still laws in my universe that are internally consistent. Please stop mistaking my F for a T every time I seem to be making sense, or assuming that because I have an F preference what I say cannot possibly make sense. The F is not inherently chaotic.

I hate when people treat me like I'm just lazy instead of recognizing my idealism for what it is. I'm not a slacker. I just have different priorities.

I hate when people mistake my introversion for unfriendliness, sadness, or anything that it isn't. I don't need to be pulled out of my shell. I don't think that the quantity of words is as important as the quality of their meanings, and I don't define "fun" the same way others do when they mistakenly assume that I'm not having any.

I hate when people think I am irresponsible or rebellious just because I follow an internally determined set of laws instead of believing in all of the ones that are externally decided by others. If a law seems morally beneficial or practical, I will follow it, but if it is arbitrary and serves no useful purpose, I will reject the unnecessary control. The benefit of this is that even if there were no externally imposed artificial consequences, I would still behave ethically.

I hate that we get stereotyped as using entirely too many emoticons in our posts.
    sorry, i think its cool that each of your explanations correlate to the misunderstandings of each letter that makes up INFP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    IRL, I'm really not that nice, sometimes I don't really care about your problems, sometimes I just want to pay for my food and leave, is that okay with you Mr. Cashier?
    Ditto. Most days I won't care about your issues - counselor my butt. Unless you're a really good friend.

MBTI
    ENTP

yeah but you two, the thing is, you ARE too nice to say that to the person's face
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTJ

Call display was made with INFJs in mind.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Bear Warp View Post
    ENTPs...

I've been called out of control and/or crazy, but am in good control of myself (at least I hope).

I just like to surprise people, shock people, etc.
    Same here. Welcome to ENFJ land!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't really like to shock and surprise people... I don't dislike it either - I just don't do it on purpose. It just happens as a by-product of me just being myself. I don't try to... honestly!

MBTI
    istp

a lot of people seem to think ISTPs are heartless bastards with a penchant for power[ful]tools and risk-taking

not all of us are bastards, damnit

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

LOL!

I get a little annoyed when websites say that I don't have a creative bone in my body. 'Cause I do.