User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post

runvardh a lot of people can SEEM boring without actually BEING boring. But you have to admit, there's no use having the most rich and wonderful inner life and then keeping it all to yourself, whilst expecting other people to somehow realize it's there and not see you as boring despite you never saying anything!
    That's what Role-Playing is for.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    ENFJ

That we avoid every conflict we're confronted with.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    That we avoid every conflict we're confronted with.
    Pff! Who thinks THAT of ENFJ's?? Hahaha... I might think it of INFJ's but if anything my first thought is that the ENFJ probably started it!! LOL
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I know, I believe you. But like I say, you can't blame other people for not realizing any of that. People aren't psychic. Even INFJ's

It's a choice isn't it? Keep it in and be misunderstood or let it out and be seen, warts and all, either way you have to accept the inevitable consequences.
    I don't blame anyone. The post with the exclamation marks was a bit like a joke due to overstatement, but basically true.

I kinda have an option, yes. I sometimes choose to let myself open, but I have learned to be careful with it. Some people dont want that much out of me and some people want to take advantage of me.

I totally LOVE INFP's, but if I have one gripe then it's that - just that you've gotta be a really secure person, bordering on arrogance, to be able to maintain a longterm friendship with one because when they never initiate anything and seem to trust you so little with their real selves, it's very difficult not to take any of that personally; to understand and keep believing, time and time again, that it's not you, it's just the Fi. Luckily I've enough arrogance for everyone
    I do fit in that description. And well.. it is me and it is my Fi. I can see how it seems to be some irrational fear of rejection or something, and I am not sure where it comes from. Fear of criticism? Fear of not fitting in? I guess almost all of the INFP learn that they are often misunderstood and devalued, since they are rather useless in this kind of society.. I dont know. Sounds like a generalization, but hey, generalizations go well with this topic.

MBTI
    ENTP

drat it nolla, you quoted me quick! I deleted that last paragraph within seconds of posting!!

Well, consider sometimes the possibility that the person might genuinely like you and genuinely, sincerely want to get closer to you and doesn't have any intention of betraying, hurting or abusing you. That's what I STILL have to keep saying to my INFP, even after 4 years of friendship in which I've never done a thing against her!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

drat it nolla, you quoted me quick! I deleted that last paragraph within seconds of posting!!
    Lucky me

Well, consider sometimes the possibility that the person might genuinely like you and genuinely, sincerely want to get closer to you and doesn't have any intention of betraying, hurting or abusing you. That's what I STILL have to keep saying to my INFP, even after 4 years of friendship in which I've never done a thing against her!!
    Whew.. She's being extra careful. I see it in a lot milder form in myself, but I do have it. This calls for indepth analyzing. Anyone might want to start a thread? I don't think this kind of behaviour has been mentioned about the INFP. Jung did say that the Fi type might seem at first to not have feelings at all.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

kekeke this thread has taken off nicely.

here are mine:

-that just because we're optimistic, we're automatically naive. no, we know EXACTLY what's going on.

-among MBTI enthusiasts, people only remember the first impressions of ENFP's, that we're zany and attention seekers. okay, true enough that we care what other people think but an even stronger goal is to BE TRUE TO OURSELVES! we want to find meaning in everything, that includes life in general. no point just living our lives completely the way others want you to be.

-ENFP's are immature :steam:. i've discussed this already with other ENFP's, no we are not immature, we are CHILDLIKE. sure, we may be the ones who like watching cartoons or whatever but we'll never be the one to be laughing because someone slipped and hurt their head.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    we'll never be the one to be laughing because someone slipped and hurt their head.
    We will, but only if the grey stuff isn't leaking out.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post

-that just because we're optimistic, we're automatically naive. no, we know EXACTLY what's going on.
    I experience the reverse: that just because I'm realistic, I'm automatically pessimistic/defeatist. Wrong: I like to look at the situation warts and all, analyze for worst case scenario, and then deal with it, confident I can handle it and that it will turn out my way. But ONLY if I keep my eyes open and don't allow myself to be blinded by hope.

that we're zany and attention seekers.
    Again, that's a common misunderstanding of ENxP's generally I think.

-ENFP's are immature :steam:. i've discussed this already with other ENFP's, no we are not immature, we are CHILDLIKE. sure, we may be the ones who like watching cartoons or whatever but we'll never be the one to be laughing because someone slipped and hurt their head.
    yeah I get callled immature sometimes too. Whilst I actually would laugh when someone slipped and hurt their head, it's only cos I'm sorta detached and can see the slapstick comedic value in something even whilst I'm aware of the actual seriousness of it and on the case calling the ambulance and getting the patient into recovery position.

It's the same as when you're refusing to let the weight of adult responsibility crush you into being boring and dull, so you go out and lavish your friends with alcohol on a weekend bender - which has been carefully budgeted and is paid for by money put aside for the purpose after paying all the bills!!

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

hehe. i have a bit of a T side too, so i guess i'm 2/5th's an ENTP .