User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    EXXP

[QUOTE=substitute;298397]to be fair, I know an ENFP whose catchphrase, which they must apply to a dozen things a day, is "my favourite...!"

QUOTE]

I probably do that And again, it's only my favorite at that moment. Ask me next week if that was my favorite and I'd probably say no.
    "My mom told me there was a weirdo on every bus, but I never could find him." Emo Phillips

MBTI
    infp

That we're a bunch of weak, passive, pushovers. I know a few who are though, and sadly, they suck. Also that we can't be ruthless and calculating. I can be both very much, just never in an insincere way.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    That we're a bunch of weak, passive, pushovers. I know a few who are though, and sadly, they suck. Also that we can't be ruthless and calculating. I can be both very much, just never in an insincere way.
    I refer the author to my previous posting... lol

Actually the 'passive' part about INFP's, I have to admit I do see them as being pretty passive in that they never tend to really initiate things - anything - and can let friendship after friendship slip through their fingers because the other person just got sick of always having to be the one to initiate contact. And then complain that they're lonely!!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I refer the author to my previous posting... lol

Actually the 'passive' part about INFP's, I have to admit I do see them as being pretty passive in that they never tend to really initiate things - anything - and can let friendship after friendship slip through their fingers because the other person just got sick of always having to be the one to initiate contact. And then complain that they're lonely!!
    Maybe I'm somewhat of a unique case. I have a few INFP aquantainces who probably fit that discription to some degree, but I don't understand why it is, I don't see it as sort of a worldview that comes with that kind of general personality or anything.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Why would you wish to be viewed this way?

It's easy to hurt, hard to love. You wish simply that your personal power, your internal deep reservoir of strength to not be dismissed because it lies in quiet waters and not in a torrent?

My NFP sister could crush me if she wanted. Easily.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post

My NFP sister could crush me if she wanted. Easily.
    This is something I think about sometimes, how it's only ever very belated that it occurs to me that I had power like that over someone, and it never crosses my mind to use it.

Well, never used to. I'm getting a bit more ruthless in my old age... sometimes I think that the F types are more able to be ruthless than T types in the aspect that if you're primarily driven by your own sense of morality and values, it'll 'absolve' you of some of the things you do and give you the OK to do them, whilst the T person's sense of certainty about what's right and wrong isn't quite so individualized or certain, it's harder for me to convince myself that I'm morally right than say, my ENFJ sister or ENFP brother. So I wouldn't do the ruthless thing, because I couldn't make myself belief, wouldn't know how, that it was justified or right. Even if it actually was.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

That INTJs suck at relationships.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    That we start crying when criticized.

Actually, I don't do much to help this stereotype. I sometimes do cry when criticized, especially if I actually care about the person who is doing the criticizing and that criticism is unnecessarily harsh, cruel, or personal.

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    That we significantly value interpersonal harmony.

Fi dominant, not Fe dominant, folks.

Again, I don't do much to help this stereotype, but I don't think it's a bad thing to have interpersonal harmony as a goal.

I don't see being passive as a bad thing, but I hate that it is so often equated with weakness. Can't I just be patient, tolerant, giving and helpful without being seen as a pushover?

Here are the biggest misunderstandings that bother me:

I hate when people assume that just because I am F-dominant, I am irrational and don't have any order behind my choices. F is a judging process! It organizes things, even if it does so using a different method than the T. It isn't nonsensical or random. There are still laws in my universe that are internally consistent. Please stop mistaking my F for a T every time I seem to be making sense, or assuming that because I have an F preference what I say cannot possibly make sense. The F is not inherently chaotic.

I hate when people treat me like I'm just lazy instead of recognizing my idealism for what it is. I'm not a slacker. I just have different priorities.

I hate when people mistake my introversion for unfriendliness, sadness, or anything that it isn't. I don't need to be pulled out of my shell. I don't think that the quantity of words is as important as the quality of their meanings, and I don't define "fun" the same way others do when they mistakenly assume that I'm not having any.

I hate when people think I am irresponsible or rebellious just because I follow an internally determined set of laws instead of believing in all of the ones that are externally decided by others. If a law seems morally beneficial or practical, I will follow it, but if it is arbitrary and serves no useful purpose, I will reject the unnecessary control. The benefit of this is that even if there were no externally imposed artificial consequences, I would still behave ethically.

I hate that we get stereotyped as using entirely too many emoticons in our posts.

MBTI
    FiSi

That we can't defend ourselves.

HA.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

IRL, I'm really not that nice, ometimes I don't really care about your problems, sometimes I just want to pay for my food and leave, is that okay with you Mr. Cashier?