User Tag List

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Who has delighted you the most today?

2 persons.. my female friend, INTP I guess.. a bit uncertain.. if she's INTP.
    and my friend/enemy/boss, ENTJ. No, there's nothing malevolent for being delighted by him. He invited me for something I liked, which I think was a truly nice gesture.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My nine y/o son's teacher. She gets him and that's huge.

Edit: I don't know what type she is, except that if she is a guardian she has not succumbed to the groupthink so common in institutional settings.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm visiting my home town. My mom had this old bike she never use so she gave it to me. It's really cool since it hasn't been used much after it was made in the sixties, seventies or something, it has all the original parts! I'm planning to paint it like an oldsmobile... Oh, that will be so sweet, can't wait to get money for spray paint... I'm going to use two kinds of blacks (matte and glossy), silver and maybe white. After that I will use the oldsmobile font and name the bike, that will be decoration also. The rest of the deco is mostly straight lines that go well with the shape of the bike. The threshold between the glossy and matte will also be a straight horisontal line. I haven't been able to sleep tonight since I have been planning this...

Yes, it's easy to delight me.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I'm visiting my home town. My mom had this old bike she never use so she gave it to me. It's really cool since it hasn't been used much after it was made in the sixties, seventies or something, it has all the original parts! I'm planning to paint it like an oldsmobile... Oh, that will be so sweet, can't wait to get money for spray paint... I'm going to use two kinds of blacks (matte and glossy), silver and maybe white. After that I will use the oldsmobile font and name the bike, that will be decoration also. The rest of the deco is mostly straight lines that go well with the shape of the bike. The threshold between the glossy and matte will also be a straight horisontal line. I haven't been able to sleep tonight since I have been planning this...

Yes, it's easy to delight me.
    I'd make sure it's not a really expensive racing bike first. What's the make and model? Do the components have any numbers on it like "6600"? It's very very unlikely, but I'd double check that it's not a several thousand dollar bike first. We had an idiot in our shop that put on a decal on top of a bike that was completely original from the 1800s. IDIOT.

(Not saying you're dumb. I'm sure your bike isn't something that nice and will look sweet when you're done.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Unless it was Eddy Merckx's bike, it's probably worth about $50 if it was top of the line in the sixties.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Unless it was Eddy Merckx's bike, it's probably worth about $50 if it was top of the line in the sixties.
    There's a few out there that would be worth a fair bit. But yeah, one of my coworkers owns a sexy Merckx... that would just be terrible to touch one of those. Though if I owned one I think I'd sell it and buy myself a car.

My boss used to race in Europe and when he went to Eddy to get a frame, he said he wanted blue. Merckx told him he wasn't allowed to have blue and he had to have a red bike because they go faster. (And he was serious. He only sold blue bikes to competing countries' athletes. Lol.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'd make sure it's not a really expensive racing bike first. What's the make and model? Do the components have any numbers on it like "6600"? It's very very unlikely, but I'd double check that it's not a several thousand dollar bike first. We had an idiot in our shop that put on a decal on top of a bike that was completely original from the 1800s. IDIOT.
    Oh, that's a good reminder, yeah, I'll have to see... I'm pretty sure it's not from the 1800s, though...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

The people in my Spanish class. There's like 24 girls and 1 guy and the professor is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. We were doing this introductory run-down on grammar - what we find most difficult about it, if we're afraid to speak because we'll make mistakes, etc - and it felt like an AA meeting but it was a nice environment. Very easy to talk to everyone. We all sat in a circle and talked about our problems...with Spanish, lol. There's a few good jokes in there somewhere.