User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

heart on fire

Wildcat and Victor are not all that similar at the core of their messages.

Wildcat seems more apt to explore his own path and posts it to share it for those who care to watch but he's independent, a walking man.

Victor seems of a more evangelical, activist spirit.

Just my feeling from reading their posts. Take with grain of salt.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I see Victor more as the world's subtlest insult comic.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That too, but he has an agenda he pushes. Nothing particularly wrong with having an agenda to push. I don't happen to agree with the premise of Victor's agenda and I don't think it's based on sound principles (and I've been honest about this) but that's not to say that I think he's wrong for simply having an agenda. All idealists like to push agendas.

Wildcat seems more thinker/explorer/innovator than idealist.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

That's where we differ, as I think the agenda is fabricated. Victor would never admit to it, but I'll forever refuse to believe otherwise. It is my new faith.

heart on fire

That's where we differ, as I think the agenda is fabricated. Victor would never admit to it, but I'll forever refuse to believe otherwise. It is my new faith.
    In the thread about Satan, Milton and Divorce, Victor claimed that 9/11 has influenced him to believe that a strong, hard swing to pure Enlightenment thought (whatever that really can be defined as meaning) will save us from the irrationality of terrorism. I really cannot agree with him on this and I find it an alarming sort of extremist response to extremism.

There's also the USA culture verses UK/Canada/Australia/ thing that he focuses on. He's on a mission to save Americans from their cultural malaise or something like that. I haven't noticed many Austrailians online focusing on such before.

But yes, I've wondered before if the agenda were just a game to incite reactions, but he seemed very sincere in his posts in that thread.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Some people might find such independence from the need for approval and fawning admirable.
    Indeed. Count me among them. He also does not appear to post things solely to stir up negative attention for himself.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Initially, I found Victor somewhat puzzling.

Once I realized that Victor requires receptive interpretation vs. straightforward analysis, I really began to enjoy the depth he creates.

One of my favorites. He and Wildcat have similar flavor.
    I think Night is simply wonderful.

You do understand me Jack but from the other side of the Pacific.

I do try to discharge my cultural imperative to be amusing but underneath I am sincere. But I would never admit it - I would be culturally ashamed to admit I am sincere.

And on this side of the Pacific our humour is deprecating - and not only self-deprecating but just deprecating. So very naturally on your side you interpret me as being insulting.

I know we find deprecating humour funny while you don't. I try to tailor myself to your cultural imperatives but my humour breaks through. I can't help laughing and my mission is to teach you to laugh with me - but we have a long way to go.

What is most interesting is that Colema sees through me. I like this and my second mission is to be transparent to you as well.

I try, I try, but I am still opaque.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I know we find deprecating humour funny while you don't.
    Good one.

This is partially true. I am aware I am part of a conversation. So when I speak I know I will get a reply and welcome a reply.

So in having a conversation with you, it is bit like making a joint painting with you. So I make a white mark and guess you will make a black mark, and together, from our contrasting marks, we will paint a picture.

So I don't see my 'agenda' in isolation. I see my agenda as part of a larger picture which you are painting with me.

I know I can't paint this picture alone so I welcome your company.