User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    BlueWing is the only person who I really genuinely like a whole lot but have never read a post of.
    Yup. Any post more than three-quarter-page long, not by a professional author...I'll take a pass. Risk versus reward.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    After this learning experience, he's been penduluming back and forth between being overly-humble (to the point where he can't exercise his exceptional skills to positively influence his community) to being a little snobby, slowly tightening the distance that he swings from the idealized centre.
    This must be why I thought he was in high school. He's a beginner at trying to be an asshole, whereas I went through that phase at age 15. Sorry, Night.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    This is very interesting to me. Thank you for posting this. I enjoy reading F posts because they reveal to me much more about their author rather than the matters they comment on.

The miscommunication we seem to be confronting here is that I am chiefly concerned with impersonal analysis. You seem to be concerned with the matters of the heart, or mostly having what you perceive to a congenial attitude towards all things.

Hence, when you read my posts, you focus almost exclusively on the attitude, or the emotional ambience they were written in, whilst ignoring or misunderstanding the impersonal analysis. Since Fs often display their personal attitudes rather than a perspective of the matter they comment on, what you say of my posts tells me something about you in a very mysterious fashion, rather than my posts. The fact that you earnestly believe that my polemics against Fs had something to do with people like you shows that you have misunderstood what you have read.

But again thank you very much.

Usually we find the tendencies of opposite types irritating, yet in this case it isnt so. I do encourage you to keep doing what you're doing, you're providing plenty great food for thought!
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to the great social experiment of our time: The analysis of human beings through their writing style. It is like the blueprint of our mind and the fingerprint of our hearts and can be used to extrapolate myriad bits of information about the psychological, mental and emotional state - or lack thereof.

Oh, wait, we've been doing that for thousands of years.....

Never mind.

Carry on.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

Welcome to the great social experiment of our time: The analysis of human beings through their writing style. It is like the blueprint of our mind and the fingerprint of our hearts and can be used to extrapolate myriad bits of information about the psychological, mental and emotional state - or lack thereof.

Never mind.

Carry on.

My writing style is fool-proof not analyziable. Can always play the "I am german" card xD
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post

Never mind.

Carry on.
    NO SOUP FOR YOU. COME BACK ONE YEAR.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    1)It is true that we can infer truths about the world from the way they feel, but this is rather unreliable. We do not exactly know what our feelings tell us about the situation. Yet we do know exactly what logic tells us about a situation, its spilled out step by step like a cold mathematical equation. The more systematic an approach to solving a problem is, the more reliable it is, as we have a way of controlling the situation. In this case we know exactly what is going on, if we are going by pure emotion, things will be much less clear.
    When dealing with impersonal situations, this may be the case, and I never propose using pure emotion even when the recognition of emotion is situationally valuable. It is important at least to consider emotion as a variable when dealing with most interactions of a personal nature because it will affect the outcome of such interactions whether it is understood or not, sometimes in subtle ways and sometimes in more noticeable ways. Unless you are a behaviorist, you probably understand the impact of individual will on behavior, and since pure logic cannot accurately be used to predictively determine appropriate expectations regarding the human will unless the impact of emotion is considered, it is important to gather as much information as possible about the factors that are likely to contribute to a person's decisions and affect their motives if we are to understand their choices.

In order to understand an individual's motives and determine the probability of an action, I first establish their most probable internal value structure based on the hierarchy of the priorities they seem to display through their active choices. For instance, when communicating with you, I can be fairly certain that you value logic and are likely to defend its use in accordance with your interpretation of its definition. Understanding that you value this allows me more insights into your motivations and allows me to predict your possible reactions to my behaviors when we interact, enhancing my understanding of the contextual framework in which the communication occurs. I organize the information according to importance, and this prioritization occurs according to value as an F process.

2)Feeling in itself is very hectic. As it is tantamount to pure passion. It is a truism that emotion does not appear to flow in a systematic fashion, it seems to have a will of its own. Feelers may not be so random because they have developed Thinking to a considerable degree. Most Feelers that you will meet will have developed Thinking as the Western society forces them to do so through education. With regard to human behavior, random behavior could be a result of lack of Thinking because of the preponderance of Feeling. However, this is not what my posts were concerned with. They were concerned with the pure essence of Feeling, not with how it manifests through social interaction.
    It would be impossible for a person to function effectively with a pure version of any preference, so when you discuss the pure essence of Feeling, it is an absurdity that can only exist as a hypothetical. Some evidence suggests that nearly pure T is possible in certain cases of extreme, selective brain damage, but it leads to a lack of motivation, causes symptoms of psychopathy and decreases a person's ablility to function productively regardless of leaving many aspects of intelligence unharmed.

Feeling is only as unorganized as the reasons behind the feelings, so if my values are properly organized, my feelings are usually reliable. When there is inconsistency between my feelings and my values, I become aware of an imbalance and then decide whether it is because the feeling is flawed or because the value itself requires adjustment. Through this process of continual re-checking and re-balancing, the values are honed and become increasingly accurate, leading to increased emotional maturity and philosophical certainty.

3)I need you to point out what you consider to be my biases. I do not recognize any.

Definition

Bias/Prejudice: An unwarranted notion, one that has derived not through sound reasoning, but from the personal will of the thinker.

Because I have given reasons to support my views, they cannot be called prejudice. In order for it to be shown that they are a prejudice, you must show how they are unsupported.
    It is the "sound reasoning" part I disagreed with. You certainly attempt to support your views, but not always in a way that is sound. What motivates your validation of your own INTP preferences over the other possible preference combinations if it is not the same personal will that originally led you to select those preferences for yourself?

Not picking on you, just believe this would be a very interesting experiment in thought for you to embark on.

In addition to all this, I should tell you, Thinkers are primarily driven by impersonal motives. Take it as nothing personal on their part, as that is what it truly is. I wasnt condescending to you.
    Of course. You don't have to tell me that you aren't picking on me, but the fact that you did proves that you are concerned with how others will be affected by your communication and that you actually do understand the value of recognizing how the feelings of others can affect outcomes and interpretations.

Thinkers may value impersonal motives, but they are also capable of causing intentional personal harm sometimes, again indicating that some Thinkers secretly do understand how others feel, even if they don't always care. Clearly, you weren't doing so, but I've been around Thinkers who were very good at observing the emotional weaknesses of others and using them to be manipulative using personal-seeming attacks that were actually carefully calculated impersonal exploitative strategies. Sometimes it may not be personal, but is instead something pseudo-personal, which can be just as harmful.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Once I realized that Victor requires receptive interpretation vs. straightforward analysis, I really began to enjoy the depth he creates.
    I admit to some irritation at first, but now I find him fun and interesting.

One of my favorites. He and Wildcat have similar flavor.
    Have they ever been in the same thread together?
    THAT would be wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    This must be why I thought he was in high school. He's a beginner at trying to be an asshole, whereas I went through that phase at age 15.
    Over-achiever.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not sure why there are posters on this board that feel like their purpose is to teach. That seems a little presumptuous to me.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm not sure why there are posters on this board that feel like their purpose is to teach. That seems a little presumptuous to me.
    That would almost be like me. I almost expect it to always backfire when I say anything that resembles a bit of "advice". So, I don't know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

Sorry for going but I didn't expect an actual response from the person I was planning to quietly list as an oddity. This is just where the flow of conversation has taken us. Perhaps I should have known that if he saw my post, a debate would be inevitable.