User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    It is likely because you don't understand very much of what I say.

Too complex.

You don't strike me as a complex thinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    dude, could you be any more of a snob?
    My read of Night is as follows (note that it includes loads of unfounded assumptions):

He's an exceptional guy. He also knows this. Likely he had a phase in his late teens where he decided humility was a worthwhile value and way of being to integrate into his personality. Then he lived being humble for a while and realized how many people take things at face value, and didn't see him for all the exceptional qualities he has, and others lost out by his not speaking up of the positive ways he can contribute. After this learning experience, he's been penduluming back and forth between being overly-humble (to the point where he can't exercise his exceptional skills to positively influence his community) to being a little snobby, slowly tightening the distance that he swings from the idealized centre.

Figuring out how to do things in conceptual reality is way easier than figuring out how to do things in practice (and that universal fact is multiplied for an Ni dom).
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    My read of Night is as follows (note that it includes loads of unfounded assumptions):

He's an exceptional guy. He also knows this. Likely he had a phase in his late teens where he decided humility was a worthwhile value and way of being to integrate into his personality. Then he lived being humble for a while and realized how many people take things at face value, and didn't see him for all the exceptional qualities he has, and others lost out by his not speaking up of the positive ways he can contribute. After this learning experience, he's been penduluming back and forth between being overly-humble (to the point where he can't exercise his exceptional skills to positively influence his community) to being a little snobby, slowly tightening the distance that he swings from the idealized centre.

Figuring out how to do things in conceptual reality is way easier than figuring out how to do things in practice (and that universal fact is multiplied for an Ni dom).
    You're much smarter than I am. Your read almost identically silhouettes many of the obstacles I faced in my earlier life.

Humility is important to me, likely because the concept is often alien to me - especially in a situation where I felt baited. Patience is integral to this formula and is indubitable to the overall expression of humility. I have a long way to go, as it applies to centered emotional intellect.

For what it's worth, murkrow, my comments were shitty. My Te can sometimes rottweiler without proper catalyst.

Thanks again, Usehername. Your intuition is exceptional.

MBTI
    ENFJ

If I may give my two cents:

I don't understand how anybody here can identify with anybody else. Then again, it may just be something that I'm very much not used to.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

You're much smarter than I am. Your read almost identically silhouettes many of the obstacles I faced in my earlier life.

Humility is important to me, likely because the concept is often alien to me - especially in a situation where I felt baited. Patience is integral to this formula and is indubitable to the overall expression of humility. I have a long way to go, as it applies to centered emotional intellect.

For what it's worth, murkrow, my comments were shitty. My Te can sometimes rottweiler without proper catalyst.

Thanks again, Usehername. Your intuition is exceptional.
    I'm not smarter than you. But I do got me some skills here and there.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    If I may give my two cents:

I don't understand how anybody here can identify with anybody else. Then again, it may just be something that I'm very much not used to.
    You can't until you've actually met them in person. Online interaction is so limited, your perception of someone is always flawed.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

It is likely because you don't understand very much of what I say.

Too complex.

You don't strike me as a complex thinker.
    Hmm... you're right, that probably is why some people don't get you. I personally tend to think you have a point most of the time, but I don't think I've ever been able to understand it. It seems like you're trying to communicate something very deep and universal, although it's not directly related to the problem.

Although I think it's less complexity that's the issue, than abstraction and metaphor. The picture you give is often zoomed out rather far, and gives metaphors that are contingent on certain assumptions about what is desirable, that you assume people are in touch enough with to be able to understand. The problem is, I don't think people (including myself) are in touch enough with the moral assumptions/understandings and ideas you start from to be able to understand what you're expressing. I mean, I have some pictures like that myself, but they tend to lack moral/human depth, are just sort of "there" as patterns that describe how something is. I tend to only see the human side when I zoom in more.

For some strange reason, I can understand someone like wildcat, or even BlueWing (who I actually think I now see through rather than agree with), even though most people can't. I guess most of us understand one person with a semi-extreme communication style.

I just thought you might be interested in this.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Hmm... you're right, that probably is why some people don't get you. I personally tend to think you have a point most of the time, but I don't think I've ever been able to understand it. It seems like you're trying to communicate something very deep and universal, although it's not directly related to the problem.

Although I think it's less complexity that's the issue, than abstraction and metaphor. The picture you give is often zoomed out rather far, and gives metaphors that are contingent on certain assumptions about what is desirable, that you assume people are in touch enough with to be able to understand. The problem is, I don't think people (including myself) are in touch enough with the moral assumptions/understandings and ideas you start from to be able to understand what you're expressing.

I agree that it's mostly abstraction and metaphor, rather than complexity. That's why he likes Wildcat and Victor. They're similar in that respect.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post

Although I think it's less complexity that's the issue, than abstraction and metaphor. The picture you give is often zoomed out rather far, and gives metaphors that are contingent on certain assumptions about what is desirable, that you assume people are in touch enough with to be able to understand. The problem is, I don't think people (including myself) are in touch enough with the moral assumptions/understandings and ideas you start from to be able to understand what you're expressing.

This is very well said, Athenian.

You're correct about some of the complexity - sometimes I naturally assume collective interest in esoterica: a precept that often leaves folks blank, from the get-go.

This is an unhealthy intellectual practice.

I'm not sure how to vacate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I agree that it's mostly abstraction and metaphor, rather than complexity. That's why he likes Wildcat and Victor. They're similar in that respect.
    No.

I have deeper rationale that is probably more extraneous to the direction of the thread than would be profitable.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post

You don't need to be a beacon of humility to keep from assuming that the only reason someone couldn't love you is because they're too stupid to understand you.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    You don't need to be a beacon of humility to keep from assuming that the only reason someone couldn't love you is because they're too stupid to understand you.
    No.

As I said earlier, I felt baited.
    I responded in turn.