User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Since I think we've already adequately explored the "Amazing Night and Murkrow Show," maybe we could get back to the OP?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Things like this give you an awful flashback to high school days where people competed for the most popular girl/guy....

Who gives a fart?????
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    From another thread:

So you want someone nice, and you claim to dislike hostility and cruelty, and yet you say things like this...?
    Yes, because his hostility is precisely what I dislike. He is unfairly judgmental and critical of anyone who isn't his own type.

Is it predjudiced to say "I dislike that person's prejudice?"

He tries to justify his hatred of F types just as much as I used to try to justify my fear of T types. It's invalid to do so. It was immature when I did it, and it's just as immature when he does it. The difference is that I was eventually able to admit that I was doing something wrong and made an effort to re-align my emotions about Ts with my values about fairness. He doesn't seem to have any internal set of balances to help him escape his inappropriate attitudes. He doesn't even recognize that they are problematic and emotion-based. I don't know him on a personal level, but his posts that I have read are mostly juvenile, pseudo-intellectual, offensive hate propaganda against people like me, and they lead me to believe that he isn't self-aware. Am I really supposed to respect that? It's not that I hate him as a person. I just don't like how he behaves and am surprised that anyone agrees with him enough to list him as similar.

I thought that was what this thread was for. Aren't we supposed to say which people we were surprised to see that others chose as similar to themselves? I wasn't trying to be mean.

BlueWing, if you're reading this... I'm not trying to be mean to you!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Yes, I dislike his hostility. He is unfairly judgmental and critical of anyone who isn't his own type.

He tries to justify his hatred of F types just as much as I used to try to justify my fear of T types. It's invalid to do so. It was immature when I did it, and it's just as immature when he does it. The difference is that I was eventually able to admit that I was doing something wrong and made an effort to re-align my emotions about Ts with my values about fairness. He doesn't seem to have any internal set of balances to help him escape his inappropriate attitudes. He doesn't even recognize that they are problematic and emotion-based. I don't know him on a personal level, but his posts that I have read are mostly juvenile, pseudo-intellectual, offensive hate propaganda against people like me. Am I really supposed to respect that? It's not that I hate him as a person. I just don't like how he behaves and am surprised that anyone agrees with him enough to list him as similar.

wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    It is likely because you don't understand very much of what I say.

Too complex.

You don't strike me as a complex thinker.
    I really don't get your popularity either, to be honest.

Then again, has popularity ever really had a reason besides publicity?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by IF3157 View Post
    *preamble: I kinda dig bluewing sometimes*
    I found her comment neither hostile or cruel. Disliking hostility or cruelty does not mean you lose all faculties of observation and criticism. BlueWing takes a lot of heat around these parts, and does little or nothing to endear himself to anyone, though he does much that enrages a large segment of the poster population. Such a persona is not usually well-liked. So it is plausible that someone is surprised by his being liked without meaning to suggest that he is so positively repulsive that no one could be expected to like him.
    Some people might find such independence from the need for approval and fawning admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    BlueWing is the only person who I really genuinely like a whole lot but have never read a post of.
    Here's a good one for you.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've read that.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Initially, I found Victor somewhat puzzling.

Once I realized that Victor requires receptive interpretation vs. straightforward analysis, I really began to enjoy the depth he creates.

One of my favorites. He and Wildcat have similar flavor.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Yes, because his hostility is precisely what I dislike. He is unfairly judgmental and critical of anyone who isn't his own type.

He tries to justify his hatred of F types just as much as I used to try to justify my fear of T types. It's invalid to do so. It was immature when I did it, and it's just as immature when he does it. The difference is that I was eventually able to admit that I was doing something wrong and made an effort to re-align my emotions about Ts with my values about fairness. He doesn't seem to have any internal set of balances to help him escape his inappropriate attitudes. He doesn't even recognize that they are problematic and emotion-based. I don't know him on a personal level, but his posts that I have read are mostly juvenile, pseudo-intellectual, offensive hate propaganda against people like me, and they lead me to believe that he isn't self-aware. Am I really supposed to respect that? It's not that I hate him as a person. I just don't like how he behaves and am surprised that anyone agrees with him enough to list him as similar.

I thought that was what this thread was for. Aren't we supposed to say which people we were surprised to see that others chose as similar to themselves? I wasn't trying to be mean.

BlueWing, if you're reading this... I'm not trying to be mean to you!
    This is very interesting to me. Thank you for posting this. I enjoy reading F posts because they reveal to me much more about their author rather than the matters they comment on.

The miscommunication we seem to be confronting here is that I am chiefly concerned with impersonal analysis. You seem to be concerned with the matters of the heart, or mostly having what you perceive to a congenial attitude towards all things.

Hence, when you read my posts, you focus almost exclusively on the attitude, or the emotional ambience they were written in, whilst ignoring or misunderstanding the impersonal analysis. Since Fs often display their personal attitudes rather than a perspective of the matter they comment on, what you say of my posts tells me something about you in a very mysterious fashion, rather than my posts. The fact that you earnestly believe that my polemics against Fs had something to do with people like you shows that you have misunderstood what you have read.

But again thank you very much.

Usually we find the tendencies of opposite types irritating, yet in this case it isnt so. I do encourage you to keep doing what you're doing, you're providing plenty great food for thought!
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWing View Post
    This is very interesting to me. Thank you for posting this. I enjoy reading F posts because they reveal to me much more about their author rather than the matters they comment on.
    Psst, BlueWing. This is true with all writing.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge