User Tag List

View Poll Results: What proportion of posts do you back out of submitting?

16. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0% (Nevah! Stream of consciousness is the future)

0 0%
  • 1-20%

3 18.75%
  • 21-40%

2 12.50%
  • 41-60%

6 37.50%
  • 61-80%

4 25.00%
  • 81-99%

1 6.25%
  • 100% (Who am I and why do I exist? Argh!)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Genius lost to the ether

One of two things happen for me: either I jot something off very quickly and then realize it has a bunch of grammatical errors or I forgot to say something, etc. Then I have to go back and edit.

Alternatively, I start writing and then get sidetracked. By the time I come back to the post, the thead has moved on, so I just delete what I was going to say.

Edit: just had to edit something! See what I mean!

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    pt, the sniper analogy is brilliant
    I liked it too. I have been guilty of that sometimes.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

only bites when provoked Array

Usually the point was already made or unworthy of making. Sometimes I will close without posting just to allow the thread to run longer, rather than crushing it under the heel of my cold INTJ logic.

Senior Member Array JivinJeffJones's Avatar

I'll usually only scrub longer posts, since I don't have enough time to self-censor the shorter ones before they're posted. The longer posts I sometimes abandon because I realize I've taken a lot of space to say not very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I liked it too. I have been guilty of that sometimes.
    I felt bad snipering this thread too... so I'll make one more comment...

There are two things that compulsively get me to post;

1) MBTI errors and pet peeves. I'll probably respond to about 90% of directly wrong comments. I will rant about the 75:25% E/I for days. I have a physical urge to hunt down whoever says it and drag them through the streets. I'll be posting in that thread. To a lesser degree, topics like this and comments like this really make me want to go the way of Maverick.

2) Any discussion that has reached a conclusion must be challenged if it can be challenged.

And other than that, any topic that I find interesting or has asked a question I'd like other people to answer... or even if I don't care if other people answer. Data must be given for someone else to work with... just as when I want to work with it, I hope someone else has given it!

Permabanned Array

I also tend to drop posts in politics threads. Politics threads often degenerate pretty quickly into a bunch of people repeating the same things over and over, and are dominated by people with strong views on things, so trying to slip in a small extra bit of information or logic is often pointless, as it will just get swallowed up in the thread.

(Political threads on forums often seem to melt people's brains for some reason, or just attract people who are not particularly good at analyzing things, who fill up space with bile and aggressive writing.)