User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Looking for testers

Heya,

the last couple weeks I've been working intensively on this site, mobti. It's now online and the most essential features are working, but it still needs a lot of testing and got many rough edges. This is the first time that I mention it publicly, and I would be very happy if you would give it a try and let me know what you think / bugs you encounter, etc.

It is basically a matchmaking site/community (a bit like okcupid and such) themed around the MBTI and personality in general. At first I was just looking for an easy way to find people of a certain type, then later the idea expanded, but only a few weeks ago I decided to actually do this. Currently it doesn't do so much with the type (and isn't very accessible to people who don't know what it is). My plan is for the "test" to tell you how similar your answers are to the average answers by the various types, so it's not meant to tell you what type you are, but get you started exploring by showing some likely matches. Currently the answers are only used to calculate match scores.

Anyway, I'm quite anxious to see what kind of feedback this will generate (positive and negative). I just want this to be(come) a useful or entertaining resource for people looking for more character-oriented matchmaking/dating communities, and I hope this isn't considered spam or competition. Hopefully it shows that a lot of effort was put into this (it's all done from scratch, in a month or so. I intend to keep working on it at a similar speed, so I hope you can expect speedy improvements).

I'm very much looking forward to hear your opinions about this.

Edit: Forgot to mention, in particular the questions are still very much work in progress. Any suggestions on which questions are hard to understand / bad in general, or which to add would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by kanishou; 08-22-2008 at 03:58 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Oberon

...dang spammers...

MBTI
    INFP

Are you serious?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Of course, the mouse is always serious
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Oberon? Serious?

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Anyway, created a profile on your site now. Gonna try it out. But i'm not looking for relationships or anything, since i'm not single.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP

Ok, that's perfectly fine, thank you very much. I hope the site will be somewhat interesting for everybody, maybe more so when I implement the type matching and statistics (just waiting for more user records, it's no fun with random data).

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

MAN, are you from solingen? Your goddamn swords are legendary. Even where I live in Sweden You don't happen to be some kind of swordsmith? Nah, just being stupid

MBTI
    GONE

I think I'm the only girl who's on your site at the moment.

YourLocalJesus -- we have *zero* percent compatibility!

I'm so sad!

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

There is at least one more girl, she's just hiding yet ^^ (Profiles aren't visible unless one marks it as complete). The compatibility score only makes sense after both sides have filled out the entire personality survey (so I should probably just show n/a or something if that's not the case, haven't decided yet).

(I'm not a swordsmith... )