xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Interesting site.

MBTI
    INFP

I have a lot of matches, but only a couple with very high compatibility, regardless of high similarity ratings. This leads me to the conclusion that either most people are looking for things that I am not, or my attempt at allowing for flexibility by answering some compatibility questions in the middle range to indicate indifference has backfired, even though I was trying to be more lenient with others than I am with myself. While I'm not into crude jokes, I don't mind if my partner occasionally is, and even though I'm somewhat concerned about manners for reasons of social harmony, I would allow my partner to place more or less value on such things than I do. Therefore, a few of my compatibility answers were in the middle while my personal answers were more decisive and extreme. I hope that expressing a lack of preference in certain areas does not cause the exclusion of otherwise desirable matches instead of allowing for increased inclusiveness as I intended. Should I re-test and just admit that I'm psychologically narcissistic enough to seek my equal, or am I using the wrong methods to express my tolerance for certain areas of difference?

The compromise question threw me off, because I like being able to come to a harmonious agreement whenever possible, but would never compromise a core value. The meaning of the question is not precise, so I answered it in the middle, even though it should have been answered at either extreme according to how it was intended.

Alright, so I signed up with the name Mekalekahai...seems to be pretty user friendly. I wouldn't even mind more questions. (Can't think of which exactly, but I think they're fun.)

Great idea. Looking forward to updates.

MBTI
    INFP

I found my problem. There was a second page of preferences to click that I didn't notice at first. I had most of my friends at globalchatter.com try out your site, and they had the same trouble. All of them had to be told about the second page with the match settings, and most had to be told to finalize their profiles. Is there some way to make these things more obvious? Other than that, I see the site as having potential. We're already starting a group there for globalchatter members, and it allows me to see if the compatibility settings are accurate based on my actual compatibility with real people about whom I already know my feelings. So far it's pretty good at guessing which ones I like and how much I like them.

MBTI
    INFP

Many of the confusing issues with matching should be improved now, the conversation system has also been much improved and various other changes. I'm still hoping to find more testers to get a more realistic picture of how the site behaves with some users, before I really start advertising it.

Type matching results are now calculated and can be found under this preliminary url:
    mobti - Users

Of course results for most types will be wildly inaccurate or even missing with so few sample data (it does correctly show my highest match as INFP though). Please let me know how it works for you if you try it. I intend to give the questions a bit of a makeover (adding a bunch) and then make the test / personality profile something that can be used conveniently independently from the rest of the site.

So far, apparently there have been no ISFJs, ESFPs, ESFJs, ESTPs and ESTJs yet (who filled out the profile). Any around here? ^^

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
    Of course results for most types will be wildly inaccurate or even missing with so few sample data (it does correctly show my highest match as INFP though). Please let me know how it works for you if you try it. I intend to give the questions a bit of a makeover (adding a bunch) and then make the test / personality profile something that can be used conveniently independently from the rest of the site.

So far, apparently there have been no ISFJs, ESFPs, ESFJs, ESTPs and ESTJs yet (who filled out the profile). Any around here? ^^
    Am I still your highest match? You're apparently 91% similar to me. At first I was suspicious that you might have rigged it to say that you were every girl's highest match, since you made the site, but I chatted with other girls there and found out that I was just paranoid. Their highest matches were people in my eighty-something percent range, even though they were supposedly just as INFP as I am. It's interesting how much variation there is within a type category.

MBTI
    INFP

I meant in the results, it shows me matching highest to INFPs in general (90%), followed by INFJs (83%). You are in fact my highest individual match on similarity, and second highest on compatibility.

You don't have to worry, I'm certainly not doing this to find a girl, so I would have no motivation to pull a stunt like that... And besides, I wouldn't have time to really get to know someone while working on it anyway (and there is still a lot of work to be done ). I just want to make this site useful for all of you.

You can also see which types match your match (compatibility) profile by using this URL.

MBTI
    INXP

Up for testing.

I find it fascinating that I'm 69% compatible with myself.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INXP

Aww. Someone wants to shake my hand.

Clearly she must be insane. I better keep my distance.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    intp

Ha! I am 86% compatible with myself, making me the best match for me, followed closely by logan/spirilis in a tie for 84%.
    *wishes for insta-clone machine*
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery