User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    All my compatability scores were cut in half since yesterday. I don't think that was supposed to happen, since I couldn't have gotten any less cool or easy to get along with.
    That's because there are twice as many questions now, and most haven't answered them yet. On the profile it now shows what the maximum possible match is.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Jess thinking, could the conversations page either show if there are new posts or how recent the last post is without having to go into it?
    The exclamation mark should now turn red when there are unread messages (might have to shift+reload if the old stylesheet is cached). This is probably a bit too subtle, but should be an improvement.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by kanishou View Post
    That's because there are twice as many questions now, and most haven't answered them yet. On the profile it now shows what the maximum possible match is.
    Really, twice as many questions? This is probably in the thread somewhere ^ up there, but who thought that was a good idea? You don't have to answer that.

MBTI
    INFP

I did. :P If it turns out to be too many, at least I'll be able to remove the questions which appear to be lemons.

Unread messages are now also shown on the envelope (e.g. 2 / 3 means there are three waiting conversations, of which two have unread messages. Only one number means there are no unread messages).

MBTI
    INFP

Many of the new questions are more useful in determining compatibility than the ones that only addressed type-related preferences. I'd like to see the compatibility ratings reflect the actual percentages of questions answered the same way. I don't know what method you are using now, but if you were able to change it to lower all of my match scores, it must be somewhat arbitrary.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I think I'm the only girl who's on your site
    Wow, it really is an online dating site!

I haven't done anything there (just put in my name, etc.), but I went to see what you have there. I have to say, it's very slick and professional looking. I guess I was expecting some raw-looking CGI forms, etc. Like I said, I haven't really done anything there, so I can't comment on the functionality, but really nice work on the interface and look! Did you code all of this from scratch? Or build it on something? Maybe later, if I feel up to it, I'll see what I can break.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INFP

[QUOTE=Snail;297886]Many of the new questions are more useful in determining compatibility than the ones that only addressed type-related preferences. I'd like to see the compatibility ratings reflect the actual percentages of questions answered the same way.

I don't understand what you mean with this.

I don't know what method you are using now, but if you were able to change it to lower all of my match scores, it must be somewhat arbitrary.
    What I tweaked (and will probably keep tweaking) is basically how much more significant a two point difference is to a one point difference, etc. I want the score to be mostly affected by the real differences, not so much by putting the slider one point to the left or right of the other. And if I would do the scoring linearly, then just answering all questions in the middle would guarantee at least a 50% score (usually much higher) with everybody, so I'm trying to tweak this to create a larger possible spread of percentages.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    I haven't done anything there (just put in my name, etc.), but I went to see what you have there. I have to say, it's very slick and professional looking. I guess I was expecting some raw-looking CGI forms, etc. Like I said, I haven't really done anything there, so I can't comment on the functionality, but really nice work on the interface and look! Did you code all of this from scratch? Or build it on something? Maybe later, if I feel up to it, I'll see what I can break.
    Thank you! It's all done from scratch, utilizing the cakephp and jquery frameworks, which are awesome. I mainly see myself as a designer these days, but programming this was (and is) actually a lot of fun. There are still many rough edges and unfinished features, but I would never have expected to come so far in such a short time.

MBTI
    intp

woot! With the added questions, I am now 88% compatible with myself.
    <---
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Bah! Now I'm most compatible with myself again! Last round someone else was and it was even a guy Back to square one *sigh*

IF seems we're both better off on our own