User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

My friends generally 'kidnap' me before I ever have time to start feeling truly lonely.

I generally have more than enough natural human interation in my day not to feel lonely.

But I suppose on the few instances I do, I might call someone up or write or something. Actually though, I can get pretty engrossed in books, almost to the point where they become a substitute for real people.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    no go away. but ignorant comments like that is exactly why i don't say shit to people off the forum.
    Ignorance would only be if I believed it to be true. You should find some down to earth people. So...question...what would you like from a non-fucktard so your not lonely anymore. I am the last person who would do the crap I said nor would I say it off the forum unless I knew you and knew it was actually what u liked. I would be more like ... wanna watch a movie or something
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    Ignorance would only be if I believed it to be true. You should find some down to earth people. So...question...what would you like from a non-fucktard so your not lonely anymore. I am the last person who would do the crap I said nor would I say it off the forum unless I knew you and knew it was actually what u liked. I would be more like ... wanna watch a movie or something
    i sort of do want to watch a movie, but i'm not in the mood to drive to theatre and i don't know what i'd see. plus i prefer watching things alone,
    spoiler alert!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so
    Likes Poki liked this post

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

The only points in my life where I've felt lonely were when I happened to be in unhealthy intimate relationships. At which point, the issue was likely addressed repeatedly, and some part of a shaky foundation was already crumbling. That empty ache, that loneliness - was typically my cue to leave.

Beyond that - while I do enjoy interaction with others quite a bit, I greatly value my space and alone time. Even if the people I value are not available when I may like them to be, any degree of disappointment doesn't lead to a sense of loneliness. My expectations of others in my life are fairly flexible, as is my need for interaction. I simply switch gears and move on with my day, looking forward to time with those I value at a later point, while making the most of my time to myself in the present.

The only other point where I've felt alone in a negative sense has been within my dysfunctional family. I am not as close with my deceased father's family as I would like to be, and my mother's family is extremely toxic, as is my mentally ill mother. She rarely has any emotional effect upon me these days - I stopped allowing her that privilege years ago. On the rare occasion some insanity is taking place that stresses me, drains me, I do miss my brother, who has now been dead for almost 12 years. The depth of simply understanding everything we faced, without even saying a word, sometimes. My mind still extends itself at times of great distress, reaching for that comfort, that bond - and grasps at air, at nothing. That endless, dark place. I've never felt more painfully alone.

That sort of loneliness is something you simply learn to live with. You back away from it, stop trying to hang on to the void, and simply remind yourself to hold on the the pieces they left behind. The pieces of yourself that grew with them. The capacity to survive, to trust, and know that you're not really alone in the end - so long as you hold on to life.

/end rambling
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes SD45T-2 liked this post

Likes JocktheMotie, Chrysanthea liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I look up.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    I look up.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

She gets set free.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can't recall being lonely. I mean, I'm sure I have been but it's not been in recent memory.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Swivelinglight View Post
    Beat me to it - except in true swivelinglight fashion, far finer execution.

Once upon a time I used various texts an esoteric hermit may pore over, but that river's about dried up.

Did I mention Vent?