User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

It has given me a place to express, challenge, and discover myself, I've met some incredible individuals, I've become a better writer..

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think reading and interacting with people on this forum solidified what my reading about MBTI and personality type stuff started, which was help me feel more comfortable than ever being myself.
    What he said. :-)

My knowledge of MBTI, of it's possibilities as a tool for personal growth, as well as of some of it's limitations, has improved greatly. Indeed, it's become one of the filters through which I see the world, although I'm not always sure that is a good thing! (I type folks, or try to, obsessively.)

Socially, I can't say I've made a ton of friends here or interacted much. I read more than I post, for one thing, and I tend to be even more reserved online than in real life. But I enjoy reading about you all, and conversing with you when I do.

Also, Digital Method created my totally awesome avatar. This would not have happened if I had never joined MBTIc!
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

MBTIc has helped me learn more about MBTI, but more importantly there are a lot of really cool people here, and it is a good environment to have a conversation about practically anything.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    GONE

I found MBTIc at one of those cliched 'crossroads' or transitional phases of life (of which 20 somethings, and particularly 20 something ENFPs have a lot of). I think this site brings a lot of people in transitional phases or who are otherwise unable to get the level or depth or variety of RL interaction they seek.

I don't think it's changed my life per sae, but it's been a nice companion and sounding board for the past X months. Once I got 'invested' in it (as much as you can get invested on the interwebz, or for me at least) it made me stick around and look at people (not types, but people...and also types ) and deal with them when IRL I probably would not. Honestly, I had very little patience for some kinds of people when I came to the forum and having to deal with people on a 'daily' basis is a great way to dissolve biases and gain insight and grow a little.

So, yeah. I love MBTIc. It's like an online companion to RL.

Now if some hot young member proposes to me through here, then I'll have something to write about!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

The main thing MBTI Central has done is make me more obsessed with MBTI than I was originally- could be a plus or a minus depending on what you would consider healthy activity.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP

I think this forum and MBTI in general definetily helped me come to terms with my method of thinking and going about life. This forum in particular allowed me to approach and interact with not only similar types but others as well in the reserved state that I am personally most comfortable with.

I also think in general that online forums such as this tend to draw in a number of individuals who are not only very intelligent, but also those who have a fresh and interesting perspective on things and are very willing to try an understand and reflect on others viewpoints on any number of topics. I think that that level of open discussion and intelligent reflection really forced me to change my view point on learning, education and people in general in a way that has truly opened up my mind. The stripping of certain prejudices and biases that I had has trully allowed me to restore the passion that Ive always had in learning, and it has also given me the ability to internally focus it on acheiving my goals.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'd like to think I learned a lot about myself while participating here and on INTPc, but I'm not certain that's the case. In fact, I think this place has had a negative overall effect on my state of mind. This place causes me to question who I am, and I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but I need some balance. This place almost makes me feel like I'm a composite, rather than a whole person. I don't believe you can properly analyze a personality in pieces. It's far too complex.

I also find it a lot more difficult to demonstrate my strengths (I wonder if that's typically easier for introverts to do on a forum, than extroverts), online, than in person, which probably contributes to the effect this place has on my state of mind. I feel sort of neutered when interacting through this medium because some of my strongest traits are completely irrelevant. The biggest being that I'm a much better talker than a writer. When I try to type my thoughts, rather than speak them, I'm far less efficient and accurate. I end up jumbling my thoughts when I put them into type. I've compensated by making my posts more concise at the expense of being specific. In person, I tend to a little more long-winded because I think I'm much at getting my point across accurately. Oh, and it helps to have feedback like facial expressions and body language. That might be the most difficult part of online communication for me. When I'm talking to someone face-to-face, I can adjust on the fly based on how others are reacting. Online, that's not possible.

Like I said before, I have met some pretty cool people (in person and online) and I wouldn't be living where I am now if I hadn't ever joined. So there have been some positive concrete effects. And this place has helped me improve my critical thinking, though I'm sure some members would disagree with me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

1. Originally gave me a place to invest of myself and my life knowledge when I had no other outlet.
    2. Built some good friendships with people who seemed to understand and relate to me, who I wouldn't have found otherwise.
    3. Gave me a thinktank in which to share and challenge ideas with intelligent, thoughtful people.
    4. Provided support for me through some horrendous life changes, when I just really needed to know I was okay and my real-life world was not supportive at all.
    5. Provided a place just to goof around and blow off steam.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INXP

When I first left school, the following summer was..well.. unpleasant. As was the time that followed until next summer, when I started exercising; four or five hours a day. Come Autumn/winter, I couldn't do this anymore so resided, again, to my thoughts. Depression ensued.

Then I found forums. Regular social interaction with people at my own leisure and speed has kept me alive through self-distraction.

Reading posts at INTPc was wonderful (and slightly eerie), and through there I found MBTIc; which I joined because I thought the diversity would be more healthy.
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'd like to think I learned a lot about myself while participating here and on INTPc, but I'm not certain that's the case. In fact, I think this place has had a negative overall effect on my state of mind. This place causes me to question who I am, and I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but I need some balance. This place almost makes me feel like I'm a composite, rather than a whole person. I don't believe you can properly analyze a personality in pieces. It's far too complex.
    Ah, when I said I've discovered a lot about myself, I don't mean due to MBTI. I'm still uncomfortable with the theory and haven't bought it yet, but I've learned a lot about myself via my participation (blogging, replying to thought-provoking threads).

I'm with you in that type theory has had a bit of a negative affect on me. Last night I was wondering, when will I be able to let go of this concept and stop typing people I see ordering coffee at the coffee shop I'm at, or the author of the book I'm reading, or the person I'm seeing? It's sheer madness!