User Tag List

First 32404142434452 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Don't really have any haha. I'm an Episcopalian and as such don't end up paying too much attention to papal goings on.
    Srs post: Episcopalians are chiller Catholics who tithe higher.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I mean that science is used and believed in by the modern lay folk the same way religion is. Surely the clergy themselves and scientists themselves do different things although they have the same goals (pursuit of truth). But the people on the ground frequently use science as a political club every bit as much as folks used to use religion. For many people science is their religion. Believed in just as blindly, even when the studies are perilously skewed as in much of social science which can hardly be called a science at all, just ask Jonathan Haidt.

More to the point religion isn't intended to deal with the verifiable or scientifically quantifiable. It deals with those things that fundamentally aren't. Just like science has no bearing and nothing to say on the spiritual.
    Love how you said in one post and elevated what I tried to say in about 10. I totally agree, need to gain a larger vocabulary and aqcuire more background knowledge. So just a super likes to this.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I think people who let their children die in a hot car should be awarded the same fate.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I think people who let their children die in a hot car should be awarded the same fate.
    Eh I don't know about this. Accidents happen, and though that is a horrible and thoughtless one to make-hold them accountable and you have to hold everyone accountable yada yada yada.

Anyways, If I am going to be really controversial... They will get plenty of heat down in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I think what happened is enough punishment itself. They must feel guilty forever.
    There was a terrible accident like this a while ago, the guy believed he took a kid to a day care centre , but really it felt asleep and was in the car. The child died when he was in the work. Some people who happened to be at the street when he came back to the car, said they never heard something like his yell before.
    Of course it’s stupid and thoughtless, but it could happen to anyone who is very very tired and the fact that because of your thoughtlessness you killed somebody you loved... I don't even know how could I live with that burden.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    INTJ

We should get rid of all the trains in America, they are outdated, generally inefficient, and just a waste of time, energy, and resources. Maybe they bring in revenue, I am not really sure, but there has to be a better use for funding besides railways.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Srs post: Episcopalians are chiller Catholics who tithe higher.

Edit: For the record, I really like Pope Francis, in large part because I really like the Jesuits, and Bergoglio seems to have stayed true to his Jesuit roots since the name-change/becoming Pope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    We should get rid of all the trains in America, they are outdated, generally inefficient, and just a waste of time, energy, and resources.
    The capability of a freight train can be translated as 1 gallon of diesel moving 1 ton of goods 100 miles. The only thing I can think of that might beat that would be teleportation, and that's assuming the cost of the energy needed to operate it would be less than the cost of diesel consumed doing the equivalent amount of work.

Maybe they bring in revenue, I am not really sure, but there has to be a better use for funding besides railways.
    What funding? You mean shareholders? On a side note, BNSF is no longer on the NYSE because it was bought entirely by Berkshire Hathaway (i.e. Warren Buffett).

There are 5 American Class I railroads, a Class I railroad being defined as having annual operating revenue of $400,000,000+ annually.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    inxx
    Enneagram
    4 sp/sx

I'm starting to think there might actually be aliens interacting with earth.
    Partly from watching "Ancient Aliens" and realizing some of the questions they raise are not answered by mainstream reasoning. Also, humanity itself is a bizarre phenomenon. We are so different from any other creature on earth, why? We also create societies that are larger scale than our brains can comprehend. I've read books like "The Drunkard's Walk, How Randomness Rules Our Lives", which demonstrates that the human mind cannot think statistically with large scale data, and yet our entire society is based on large-scale structures that exceed our own natural comprehension. Our cranial capacity can comprehend about 150+ other human beings, the size of a tribe or village (Dunbar's Number). How did we organize into social structures comprised of billions of people? There is something very strange, unnatural, and disturbing about humanity. What if we aren't the result of natural processes?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Likes Xann liked this post