User Tag List

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Beliefs

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Honestly... creating a conspiracy to send people on a fake Mars trip just sounds like way too much work. (And think of all the people you'd have to kill to cover your tracks.) That sounds far more odd and convoluted to me than a company trying to make some money and generate publicity by wanting to send people to Mars.
    If you instill enough fear into their little heads then you would only have to eradicate the occasional nonconformist/rebel. Most people are ants, they stay in line unless they percieve there is a good reason, but once they run into the praying mantis or get hungry they go right back to the safety they found in numbers. Humans are social animals, most know that they need some sort of protection that society provides, and few I bet would be willing to risk cutting themselves off from everything just to question something that they arent sure is even questionable. The ant that goes off on its own dies on its own.

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    If you instill enough fear into their little heads then you would only have to eradicate the occasional nonconformist/rebel. Most people are ants, they stay in line unless they percieve there is a good reason, but once they run into the praying mantis or get hungry they go right back to the safety they found in numbers. Humans are social animals, most know that they need some sort of protection that society provides, and few I bet would be willing to risk cutting themselves off from everything just to question something that they arent sure is even questionable. The ant that goes off on its own dies on its own.
    I could claim there is an undeniable conspiracy on this forum right this second to take it over, just by using those kinds of arguments.

It's a wonder those guys who claimed to be on the moon are still alive. I think the government would be much better off if they were all dead in some heroic but tragic incident.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I could claim there is an undeniable conspiracy on this forum right this second to take it over, just by using those kinds of arguments.

It's a wonder those guys who claimed to be on the moon are still alive. I think the government would be much better off if they were all dead in some heroic but tragic incident.
    Oh no no no no no. That would be much too obvious. The government knew that it had to play its cards right, if they made too dramatic of a play it would open the doors to even more questioning. They have to try to keep things low key, let people have just enough knowledge to be able to shove it in the back of their mind, but not focus on it enough to allow it to take center stage. It is ok if 2% of the population questions something, that is just a trickle that can be stopped at any time, but if 25% of the population starts to question something than that becomes a flood that breaks down the walls the goverment has carefully set into play.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I am no lover of violence, but I did enjoy watching Buzz Aldrin punch that obnoxious conspiracy nut in the face.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes 93JC, SD45T-2, Ivy, EffEmDoubleyou, Bknight liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I am no lover of violence, but I did enjoy watching Buzz Aldrin punch that obnoxious conspiracy nut in the face.

Uh Uh Uh!!! What!! I am appauled... That poor poor conspiracy guy. Victim of a society plagued by stockholm syndrome... Only the good, only the good.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

As far as conspiracies go, I have great faith in humankind's ineptitude and inability to keep a secret. Everything I've seen about us supports this, this is a cornerstone to my sanity and goodwill.
    Likes Ivy, Wind Up Rex liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    As far as conspiracies go, I have great faith in humankind's ineptitude and inability to keep a secret. Everything I've seen about us supports this, this is a cornerstone to my sanity and goodwill.
    You scare someone enough, get enough dirt on them, you can get them to do whatever you want them to do. The government poisoned alcohol during the prohibition, that wasnt found out immediately. Our government literally controls everything that we do, they see our phone records, our internet searches, everything. They know who is on what page, and they can figure out who is a threat and to what degree. Government has us entanged in web along web, and the more someone resists the tighter the webs get.

Oh no no no no no. That would be much too obvious. The government knew that it had to play its cards right, if they made too dramatic of a play it would open the doors to even more questioning. They have to try to keep things low key, let people have just enough knowledge to be able to shove it in the back of their mind, but not focus on it enough to allow it to take center stage. It is ok if 2% of the population questions something, that is just a trickle that can be stopped at any time, but if 25% of the population starts to question something than that becomes a flood that breaks down the walls the goverment has carefully set into play.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspi...ogical_origins

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

You scare someone enough, get enough dirt on them, you can get them to do whatever you want them to do. The government poisoned alcohol during the prohibition, that wasnt found out immediately. Our government literally controls everything that we do, they see our phone records, our internet searches, everything. They know who is on what page, and they can figure out who is a threat and to what degree. Government has us entanged in web along web, and the more someone resists the tighter the webs get.
    There are enough outliers that this isn't a 100% effective control method, and communication moves fast enough to undermine that level of information control. The Government has a lot of resources, but they're also a bunch of inept jerks like the rest of us who have to figure out how to work with each other. It's easy to think somebody else holds all the power and pulls all of the strings, but, thank the Lords of Kobol, the world can't really work that way... yet.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

To question is not the same as to believe. There is just generally more than one side to a story, and you have to disprove the alternative hypothesis before immediately jumping on the bandwagon of the obvious. The commonly accepted idea is rarely the only pausible one. It is all about weighing one side against the other, where the side of the conspiracy gets 2 points to every one for the 'real' explanation, as in order for the 'real' explanation to be true there can be not undisputable conflict.

Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast