User Tag List

First 2129303132334181 Last

Probably not controversial when thinking of the general population, but controversial to this site. I don't think that the MBTI and cognitive functions, themselves, have any bearing on reality; and have no scientific basis as is.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Perhaps there is just a another way to get the child to take the medicine or teach them not to place their finger in the socket. Each child is unique and IMHO believe that each child has a unique key to unlock them.
    You don't often have the luxury of a lot of time to find the perfect way to keep each specific child from putting his or her finger in the light socket. It's not like they move in slow motion. Finger going towards light socket = grab the kid before they electrocute themselves. After that, sure, fine, figure out what the child was trying to learn or whatever and help them meet that need without putting themselves in danger. But for most kids it's not going to be a case of finding the perfect key to convince them not to touch the shiny thing they really want to touch and don't know will hurt them. They just don't understand, because they haven't developed the capacity to understand it yet. Have you ever tried to reason with a toddler?
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    I think that only people with the exact same controversial beliefs should be allowed to post here. Try to disagree with me, I dare you.
    I agree with this in the name of freedom.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Have you ever tried to reason with a toddler?
    Yes, and I instantly regretted it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Ivy, SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

You don't often have the luxury of a lot of time to find the perfect way to keep each specific child from putting his or her finger in the light socket. It's not like they move in slow motion. Finger going towards light socket = grab the kid before they electrocute themselves. After that, sure, fine, figure out what the child was trying to learn or whatever and help them meet that need without putting themselves in danger. But for most kids it's not going to be a case of finding the perfect key to convince them not to touch the shiny thing they really want to touch and don't know will hurt them. They just don't understand, because they haven't developed the capacity to understand it yet. Have you ever tried to reason with a toddler?
    When I was little I reached under a lampshade and touched a light bulb that had been on for a long time. I think that one time was enough for me to learn. My right index finger still has dots instead of ridges on the tip.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I'm not criticising you as a parent. I believe that you are doing all that is humanly possible considering the circumstances today. It isn't easy today and it sure wasn't easy back then. Different difficulties compared to back then, for sure.

Again, this is something between Ne/Ni. Ni isn't going to let go of something quickly. So while you might be correct in saying that the standard way of dealing with a toddler is that they do not take in, input the same way as the parent does. For the Ni in me, it doesn't mean, that that was enough. I will always see them as smaller person with less experience. The person might learn through visual experience. Just one example of many possibilities, known or unknown, tried/untried/tested.

I have reasoned with a toddler, and I was unsuccessful. Given enough time, I believe I could have adapted to the child's needs. Again, how much time, I cannot answer. Might be a very long time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd wager, enough time for them to grow a reasoning ability.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes chubber, Totenkindly liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I think picky eaters are emotionally stunted somehow and should grow up

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by chickpea View Post
    I think picky eaters are emotionally stunted somehow and should grow up
    Are you talking about people who don't like peanut butter or white bread, or something else? Do you mean, for instance, people who eat a "paleo" diet?
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore

Visit my Johari: http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    yupp

I'm not a picky eater generally but i am specifically I'm very specific with how things are.
    *yodelling* AAAaaaaAAaaiiiiiiayyyyyyyy

by @agentwashington

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink: