Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Beliefs

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post

How is it controversial? I think any sane person would accept that it's unfair.
    In some circles, it's not supposed to be a thing anymore because Israel, or something about "power dynamics."

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    I mean, sounds like there is some decent observation of them -- disposable tech, and a visible proof of natural selection processes on the bacterial level.
    People still buy antibacterial soap, though. They still make it. So, it would be controversial for many people.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    As in: they never happened? That is more bizarre than controversial.

Well I did conspriacy theories as a topic for a paper before and apparently mentioning the possibility of something not happening to some people is cause for the giant vein on their foreheads to pulse. I guess people take it as a personal affront to their country and government to suggest that certain events were politically manufactured rather than coincidental. I made someone cry once by saying that Sandy Hook was complete bullshit and that the kids might have never died, IDK why tho I mean it wasnt like they were even related to those kids.

And yeah it may be odd but it isnt odd enough to ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Well I did conspriacy theories as a topic for a paper before and apparently mentioning the possibility of something not happening to some people is cause for the giant vein on their foreheads to pulse. I guess people take it as a personal affront to their country and government to suggest that certain events were politically manufactured rather than coincidental. I made someone cry once by saying that Sandy Hook was complete bullshit and that the kids might have never died, IDK why tho I mean it wasnt like they were even related to those kids.

And yeah it may be odd but it isnt odd enough to ignore
    I find people denying these events occurred more odd than people getting angry over such denials. Do you have any rational reason for your doubts?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

All of their songs were vapid, overly idealistic, and dull. They sounded like they needed to be locked up in straight jackets instead of being forced upon the public

I will give John Lennon Imagine. Thats it
    Eww.

Likes Ivy liked this post

MBTI

I find people denying these events occurred more odd than people getting angry over such denials. Do you have any rational reason for your doubts?
    There are a whole bunch of counter-theories to these happenings floating around the internet. There are just too many plot holes and missing details to really create a complete picture for me. At Sandy Hook for example, no medical help was ever sent into the school, apparently a website was set up a day before the event ever actually happened detailing the deaths of the students, several witnesses reported seeing more than one shooter, the reactions of the parents seemed fake and put up upon, the doctors testimony was just odd, one of the pictures of one of the children claimed to have originally been killed in the shooting turned out to belong to a mother on facebook whos daughter ended up being alive and well, Obama was at that time promoting increasing gun control and this provides a good kick in the right direction for that campaign, the pictures originally taken were taken from a drill a month or so earlier, some of the photos seemed photoshopped, the guy who 'saved' some of the children couldnt keep his story straight. There is other stuff too, and there are just way too many holes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVbwG8_qloA

And he isnt the only parent to react similarly

There are a whole bunch of counter-theories to these happenings floating around the internet. There are just too many plot holes and missing details to really create a complete picture for me. At Sandy Hook for example, no medical help was ever sent into the school, apparently a website was set up a day before the event ever actually happened detailing the deaths of the students, several witnesses reported seeing more than one shooter, the reactions of the parents seemed fake and put up upon, the doctors testimony was just odd, one of the pictures of one of the children claimed to have originally been killed in the shooting turned out to belong to a mother on facebook whos daughter ended up being alive and well, Obama was at that time promoting increasing gun control and this provides a good kick in the right direction for that campaign, the pictures originally taken were taken from a drill a month or so earlier, some of the photos seemed photoshopped, the guy who 'saved' some of the children couldnt keep his story straight. There is other stuff too, and there are just way too many holes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVbwG8_qloA

And he isnt the only parent to react similarly
    Ah, so the usual conspiracy theory stuff, most of which, I am sure, would not hold up under close scrutiny.

You should watch this film.

MBTI

Ah, so the usual conspiracy theory stuff, most of which, I am sure, would not hold up under close scrutiny.

You should watch this film.
    Doesnt the fact that there is anything to question open the door for doubt? It is harder to argue why something happened than analyze why it didnt.

Even if most of it cant hold up, if one thing does doesnt that open the door for reasonable doubt? A puzzle isnt complete until you can get every piece to fit in, and there are defiantely pieces missing.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Doesnt the fact that there is anything to question open the door for doubt? It is harder to argue why something happened than analyze why it didnt.
    Any situation is complex. What I see with conspiracy theorists is that they express selective examination of the areas in which they could suggest doubt, while not really examining the big picture of evidence or the normal range of flex in a given situation. (Aside from the fact that conspiracies are almost impossible to hide; someone always finks.)

Sidestepping the whole thing momentarily, did you ever ask why private companies are flying people into outer space and now trying to assemble a crew to go to Mars, if we never really had the ability to send people to the moon? What a fool's errand.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Any situation is complex. What I see with conspiracy theorists is that they express selective examination of the areas in which they could suggest doubt, while not really examining the big picture of evidence.

Sidestepping the whole thing momentarily, did you ever ask why private companies are flying people into outer space and now trying to assemble a crew to go to Mars, if we never really had the ability to send people to the moon? What a fool's errand.
    I never really looked much into the moon landing, but who knows maybe now they are just trying to keep up the charade. It would be disasterous if the public found out it had been lied too all of these years. I wil have to look up more about the moon landing though.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

I never really looked much into the moon landing, but who knows maybe now they are just trying to keep up the charade. It would be disasterous if the public found out it had been lied too all of these years. I wil have to look up more about the moon landing though.
    Honestly... creating a conspiracy to send people on a fake Mars trip just sounds like way too much work. (And think of all the people you'd have to kill to cover your tracks.) That sounds far more odd and convoluted to me than a company trying to make some money and generate publicity by wanting to send people to Mars.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Page 3 of 84 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast