User Tag List

Page 27 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Beliefs

Senior Member Array Chrysanthea's Avatar

One time my cousin brought over his Boston Terrier and... Well to put it simply he fucks everything, and my arm was not exempt. So in that respect I am a victim of Beastiality It was only for a few seconds though so it hadn't the time needed to... Finish up.
    Likes prplchknz, Hitoshi-San liked this post

raised from perdition Array EJCC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I thought the idea was that all bodies can be beautiful, not that everyone has to find them to be such, in order to recognize that no single standard should be viewed as the only conceivable/acceptable one.
    That makes sense. I think I've had enough similar experience to @Hard's -- with people who act as if everyone has to view every body as beautiful, and as if you're on the wrong side of progress if you disagree -- that I had lost sight of that.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

- As body-positive as I try to be, I do not believe even remotely that "all bodies are beautiful" -- saying that is an attempt to remove all standards of beauty from society, and that makes little to no sense to me.
    Yeah I don't know if I believe in this. Why is it not acceptable for people to be dramatically under weight, but obesity is just something that people should accept. Both are extremely unhealthy, and I get that while it might be difficult to lose weight and that people should't be harassed for it, it seems as if arguers are trying to make it accepted as within the norm. And it does affect me, if those people cannot work because of medical conditions caused by morbid obesity, then someone has to pay for thier disability, if they have medical problems-need a new heart, they fluff up and away the hospital weight times. No I dislike some aspects of the body acceptance movement strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan of Beans View Post
    On a related note, beastiality was legal in Denmark until very recently. They even had farms where a person could go and...you know.

They banned it this April, one of the last European countries to do so.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pa_cJp_JaU

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Not everybody has to find every body beautiful. But somebody will find every body beautiful.

I've found that by being less catty about other people's bodies and mindfully finding something beautiful about them has really helped me learn to love my own.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii
    Likes Alaska liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Yeah I don't know if I believe in this. Why is it not acceptable for people to be dramatically under weight, but obesity is just something that people should accept.
    It's nobody's business but the under/overweight person, either way.
    Likes Alaska liked this post

ggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Array Anaximander's Avatar
    MBTI
    mkgr

cats are smarter than dogs

i am skeptical of this claim

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Not everybody has to find every body beautiful. But somebody will find every body beautiful.

I've found that by being less catty about other people's bodies and mindfully finding something beautiful about them has really helped me learn to love my own.
    Eh... I mean I agree that there are positives in most people, and someones weight wouldn't cause me to discriminate against them-I mean someones body isn't really their being to me, but to me promoting acceptance of all bodies is pretty much the same as promoting acceptance of drug use-smoking.

I would think of the dramically overweight person in the same way as I would the heroin addict-a why are they doing this to themselves sort of thing. Why aren't there campaigns saying that we should accept smokers as who they are, but the 400 pound hypertensive diabetic who cannot walk half a mile without collapsing is something that we should accept with arms wide open.

Both smokers and people who are obese are doing harm to their body, yet we are trying to remove the stigma from one and not the other. Maybe environmental impact comes into play, secondhand smoke or whatever, but I think that there are also consequences to living in a society where the average BMI is in the overweight range. It isn't hardly any better for us. And going back to the anorexia thing... Why do we hospitalize those who are dramatically under weight as having some sort of disease, but write songs about those who are above the average? Maybe Anorexia is a more immediately dangerous condition and that causes it to be of a more pressing concern, but I don't know, there is something hypocritical about it.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    cats are smarter than dogs

i am skeptical of this claim
    There are geniuses and idiots in both camps.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    There are geniuses and idiots in both camps.
    A cat is harder to train, but it's an open question as to whether or not that means it is dumber. Dogs can be very smart, too, though. The dog we had growing up was very mischievous.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Eh... I mean I agree that there are positives in most people, and someones weight wouldn't cause me to discriminate against them-I mean someones body isn't really their being to me, but to me promoting acceptance of all bodies is pretty much the same as promoting acceptance of drug use-smoking.

I would think of the dramically overweight person in the same way as I would the heroin addict-a why are they doing this to themselves sort of thing. Why aren't there campaigns saying that we should accept smokers as who they are, but the 400 pound hypertensive diabetic who cannot walk half a mile without collapsing is something that we should accept with arms wide open.

Both smokers and people who are obese are doing harm to their body, yet we are trying to remove the stigma from one and not the other. Maybe environmental impact comes into play, secondhand smoke or whatever, but I think that there are also consequences to living in a society where the average BMI is in the overweight range. It isn't hardly any better for us. And going back to the anorexia thing... Why do we hospitalize those who are dramatically under weight as having some sort of disease, but write songs about those who are above the average? Maybe Anorexia is a more immediately dangerous condition and that causes it to be of a more pressing concern, but I don't know, there is something hypocritical about it.
    It's not quite that simple.

Perspective: Overweight, mortality and survival