User Tag List

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 832

Thread: Controversial Beliefs

  1. #231
    The Senate Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Burn the heretic!

    Just kidding. Yeah, there are way worse bands than Nickelback. (coughTRAINcough) I think a lot of people make fun of them because it's the popular thing to do.
    I think Maroon 5 is actually a covert CIA torture weapon, so I would agree with you there.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes Chrysanthea liked this post

  2. #232
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    I think Maroon 5 is actually a covert CIA torture weapon, so I would agree with you there.
    Ugh, Maroon 5. My least favorite band of all time. Every time one of their songs comes on the radio, I turn into the Hulk.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Osprey, Chrysanthea, N/A liked this post

  3. #233
    Row row row your boat Array SD45T-2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp
    Posts
    2,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Nickelback may be bad, but they are not the worst band ever. I can name tens or even hundreds of bands that are more deserving of the disproportionate ire that Nickelback seems to draw from day to day.

    The Good Listener: Why Do People Hate Nickelback So Much? : All Songs Considered : NPR
    "Worst band ever" is pretty much impossible to nail down exactly.

    I like Marillion, but they're too obscure (at least in the US) for that to be very controversial.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Burn the heretic!

    Just kidding. Yeah, there are way worse bands than Nickelback. (coughTRAINcoughFIVEFORFIGHTINGcough) I think a lot of people make fun of them because it's the popular thing to do.
    When was the last time you heard a Dave Matthews parody? (I don't like him )

    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

    "I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes EJCC liked this post

  4. #234
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    You have a hulk, too?
    It only comes out when I hear Adam Levine's voice.

    Oh, and Nicki Minaj.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  5. #235
    The Senate Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    It only comes out when I hear Adam Levine's voice.

    Oh, and Nicki Minaj.
    Nicki Minaj, I'm not sure if I know well enough to loathe. It can't be worse than "My Humps."
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  6. #236
    came back haunted Array EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    17,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    "Worst band ever" is pretty much impossible to nail down exactly.

    I like Marillion, but they're too obscure (at least in the US) for that to be very controversial.

    When was the last time you heard a Dave Matthews parody? (I don't like him )

    [video]
    Grunge voice parodies are my favorites <3



    With ahhms wahd ohh-paahhh-NAH
    Intoooo the sunnn-lahhh-YAH-TAH

    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes BadOctopus, SD45T-2 liked this post

  7. #237
    Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Nicki Minaj, I'm not sure if I know well enough to loathe. It can't be worse than "My Humps."
    Oh lord. I had succeeded in forgetting that song existed. Thanks a lot, Vulcan!

    But now I'm reminded of Leslie's Christmas present to April on Parks and Rec one year: a painting of April killing the Black Eyed Peas.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP

  8. #238
    The Senate Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Oh lord. I had succeeded in forgetting that song existed. Thanks a lot, Vulcan!

    But now I'm reminded of Leslie's Christmas present to April on Parks and Rec one year: a painting of April killing the Black Eyed Peas.
    I prefer the two dead crows April got for the BBQ showdown between Ron and Chris.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

  9. #239
    Senior Member Array Eskimo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    6,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Nickelback may be bad, but they are not the worst band ever. I can name tens or even hundreds of bands that are more deserving of the disproportionate ire that Nickelback seems to draw from day to day.

    The Good Listener: Why Do People Hate Nickelback So Much? : All Songs Considered : NPR
    Agreed, they get too much shit, and it seems almost as if people just like to jump on the bandwagon of hating them without really realizing that they really aren't so bad in comparison. My borther hates them because they are the 'first boyband that caused the dramatic decline in the quality of music' something I am sure that was heard on the internet. They aren't bad, their songs have some meaning-some-not much but more than they are given credit for.

  10. #240
    The Senate Array Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Posts
    8,236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Agreed, they get too much shit, and it seems almost as if people just like to jump on the bandwagon of hating them without really realizing that they really aren't so bad in comparison. My borther hates them because they are the 'first boyband that caused the dramatic decline in the quality of music' something I am sure that was heard on the internet.
    Don't be ridiculous. I'm sure he's an individual thinking for himself. People never unthinkingly repeat shit they read off the internet.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.
    Likes EJCC, N/A liked this post

Page 24 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Test: Belief-o-Matic Quiz
    By Totenkindly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 11-22-2016, 09:04 AM
  2. Infallible Beliefs
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 09:49 AM
  3. Be prepared to defend your beliefs!
    By Virtual ghost in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 10:58 AM
  4. Different belief systems
    By Kiddo in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 01:07 PM
  5. Clarkson (controversy in spades)
    By Xander in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •