User Tag List

Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Beliefs

HopelessSituationWarrior Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

As someone who is half-human, half-Vulcan, I find this exchange highly illogical.
    Forget the dead you've left; they will not follow you.
    The vagabond who is rapping at your door, is standing in the clothes you once wore.

like snow, like gold Array magpie's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    As someone who is half-human, half-Vulcan, I find this exchange highly illogical.
    No part bird?

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

I absolutely believed in Telekinesis until high school, and kinda sorta still do.

I don't care much for politics because I think it will only be an issue for another 100 years or so until we're represented by AI.

Like @Coriolis, I think there should be a mandatory draft/public service year at 18 or 19.

We will not colonize another planet until we've evolved past a biological body.

Game of Thrones hasn't been good for a while now and GRRM has no idea what he's doing with his story.

Likes Ingrid in grids liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    That's cuz your bird logic is removing you from understanding the subtle logical nuances of this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Personal offense doesn't enter into it. The main objection I have to what are typically called conspiracy theories is that the evidence for them is exceedingly thin. If you can actually make a case for one, then it becomes a legitimate hypothesis and is worth discussing.

Do you mean conspiracy theories? My favorite one is that Pope John Paul I was assassinated by the mafia at the request of conservative cardinals who were afraid he would enact too many reforms to the Catholic church.

Conspiracies at the end of the day are pretty much speculation, generally spun from from a few loosely connected observations, though probably less likely to be valid then more commonly accepted explanation that is based on a larger network of solidified fact- there will always be holes, which will be attempted to be filled, just comes down to which a person chooses to give credit to-government opinion, or opinion propagated by outside sources. But, as there are negatives and positives that need to be proved in any explanation, neither are able to be truly proven or disproven.

Particular conspiracies, all generally boil down to the same thing.

So a bit of a non-answer.

-MILD

Children are too mollycollied, exposing them to disappointment alternative ways of thinking safely is beneficial-their lives are watered down, and they are capable of more than given credit for, including the idea that not everyone is always a winner all of the time.

After a while, in certain circumatances not all, there should be fines for being unemployed. This varies broadly by circumstance though.

Math and science should be emphasized greater and earlier.

This is not at all well thought out, but something needs to be done to emphasize foster parenting. I was going to say make people considering having children become one, but I am not sure about the idea of the potentially unstable lives of foster children being used as a sort of practice-but I suppose it could be better than what is currently being done. And I am not sure if I like the idea of it being necessarily forced.

There should be a universal language-but technology is already sort of taking care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    A comment here and there in a good natured but critical undertone, goes farther than saying a kid should drop out of college because idiots like him were not smart enough to ever grasp how to use a semi-colom, and then going on and picking at his deficient intelligence for a good 25 minutes-bringing his mothers careless upbringing of him into the situtation- is just someone getting pleasure out of being cruel.
    Okay, that's just being an asshole.

Here is mine.
    Not everybody should be allowed to have kids. We need to have licence to drive a car and everybody can be a parent. For some people it should be forbidden (maybe even legally forbiden). And I know thinking like that could lead to a tyranny, but I can't help it.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes Hard liked this post

across the universe Array Olm the Water King's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    459 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII

Obamacare was an inside job.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

Small children should not be allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, or airplanes.

Sansa Stark is a really lame character in the books and in the show, she never does anything, and that bitch lied about what Arya did in the beginning.

Population control is overrated, we should be getting on that space program instead to start colonizing other worlds
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    :}

Detroit is actually a pretty nice city, sure high in crime, but it does have sites to offer and history behind it. The bad rep it has been given is a bit of an exaggeration.

There should be a test to vote. Everyone should be able to vote, but those who pass the test, their votes should be clustered into proportionatly sized population subsets, and given the same weight as a vote in the electoral college. Maybe ever 10000 civilian votes equals one electoral college vote or something like that.

deplorable basketcase Array Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

American cuisine is the best in the world; that's why some of us are so large.
    What would a baby from Neelix and Kes look like? They had to write off Kes from the show to avoid answering it.

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    American cuisine is the best in the world; that's why some of us are so large.
    It's not the quality, it's the portions.

I believe that parents who don't punish their children are doing them a huge disservice, as well as making things worse for future generations.
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes Tellenbach, N/A, SD45T-2, Hard, Ivy liked this post

Page 19 of 84 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast