User Tag List

Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversial Beliefs

1w2 sp/so
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Oh what a fun thread.

I believe it is a form of neglect for parents to not vaccinate their children or fail to keep doctors appointments and check ups.
    I believe the media is full of asswipes that force me to get news from several different sources just to put together a hazy picture of a situation. Because they want to put emotional bullshit into things.
    I think cults that do damage to citizens need to be severely punished. I'll never understand how seat belts are enforced with vigor but no one will save those people from themselves in those situations.
    I think that Islam is no more or less of a religion than any of the other big ones.. however, I really don't agree with far too many aspects of middle eastern culture to really ever make an unbiased remark about the area. Too many foul things seen in too concentrated of an area.

and what people generally think makes me a heartless monster:
    I think victims have some responsibility in their own tragedies. Not all victims or all the time. But to give an example: I feel far less pity for the party girl in a short skirt that hangs out with obviously sex-hungry cultures of fraternities, get pushed into drunk sex, and didn't want it all to happen. This is not the same as blaming her for it happening, or saying they were ever at all justified in their behavior. No is no is no.. I'd hope her treatment medically and spiritually goes well and she recovers from that tragedy. But if I hang out in a bad area of town, can I get nearly as upset that my car is broken into vs being in a classy high-end area of town? If you hang out with bad people that do bad things, why do you think that you're magically exempt from that? I'll tell you exactly how many girls get raped at Magic The Gathering contests: Zero. I think there is a responsibility to make decisions to protect one's self. ...and I wish the world wasn't that way.. but the world isn't changing anytime soon. Bad things happen, and the places bad things happen in are known for that for a reason. Protect yourself. Go out with a friend you can actually trust. Leave your keys if you drink. Don't frequent places that you know aren't good for you. No one can see the future, but instead of thinking nothing will ever happen to you take a few extra precautions to keep yourself from being that victim in the first place.. statistics don't solve everything, but they aren't lying either.
    I share all of these to the letter!

Saves me from having to write a bunch.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Xander, kyuuei liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

I don't think GTA V that is good.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm
    Likes JocktheMotie liked this post

I think America should recognise it's illogical affair with guns and start to try and make it better rather than throwing their hands up in surrender.

You always think a person with a gun brandished and a big gob is a whack job but somehow fail to apply it to a nation.

(Btw, should restate before I'm lambasted that I'm a huge fan of all kinds of weaponry but I wouldn't trust "the man in the street" with anything more dangerous than safety scissors and I'd still watch him closely. We think that adults should be allowed access to alcohol as they're so responsible and look how that works out time after time!)
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Salad is for rabbits, not for people. Rabbits are for people.
    Can't agree with that because this salad is delicious but, it probably barely qualifies as a salad from a calorie standpoint.

Chopped Salad with Bacon and Fried Garbanzo Beans
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes BadOctopus, Ivy liked this post

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    Reading is cool!
    She's a witch!
    Likes Osprey, kyuuei liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    She's a witch!

Burn me not my books!!
    Likes kyuuei liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    Also, votes should be weighted based on how much income tax you pay. The top 1% should get 100 votes each.
    Likes Passacaglia, Bush Did 9/11 liked this post

Just because someone is together for 50 years, I should get advice about how they did it.

Time means nothing, its all about quality.

The latest I heard yesterday: Men should just accept the fact that after pregnancy sex will drop significantly and they wont be a priority. She even suggested the guy go to a class so he can just accept these things as fact

That's like suggesting pain management instead of fixing the problem. It made her think when I said "yeah, if the guy does nothing but sit on his ass while she does everything". The things people just accept as truth
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

7w8 sx

I don't believe that parents have any right to control their kids fpr any other reason besides to teach them something. That seems to be an opinion nobody agrees with :p
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    I promise it will not take long.

^That sounds like a parenting group I was in for a while when my first kid was very small, called Taking Children Seriously.

Taking Children Seriously, TCS, is a worldwide parenting movement and educational philosophy based upon the idea that it is possible and desirable to raise and educate children without either doing anything to them against their will, or making them do anything against their will.

It was founded in 1994 as an email mailing-list by the libertarians Sarah Fitz-Claridge and David Deutsch.

The TCS model of parenting and education argues that most traditional interactions between adults and youth are based on coercion. TCS rejects this coercion as infringing on the will of the child, and also rejects parental or educator "self-sacrifice" as infringing on the will of the adult. TCS advocates that parents and children work to find a common preference, a solution all parties genuinely prefer to all other candidate solutions they can think of.

The TCS philosophy was inspired by the epistemology of Karl Popper. While Popper did not advocate any particular pedagogy, TCS views Popper's epistemology as a universal theory of how knowledge grows, with profound implications for educational theory.
    There are some really valuable gems in the idea but sometimes a kid just needs to take some medicine or not put their finger in a light socket.
    Likes chubber liked this post